Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why don`t people buy on Sundays ??

I never get anyone to buy on the weekend. Why`s that ?

Greetings:

In our case, most of our customer base are brick and motar businesses that are open Monday through Friday (sometimes Saturday) where business decisions are often made during the work week.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Hm yes...I have mainly private customers and they don`t buy on Sundays either. Probably they all do other stuff like going to cinema etc.

Well, I have also lots fewer enquiries during sunday and even saturdays.

I bet most of the signups are done when people are so bored in their work and just log on the net to spend some money.

At least no signup on sunday will give me a good break

Greetings:

"Probably they all do other stuff like going to cinema etc."

Our church.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

A lot of companies are closed on weekends, especially sundays for religious reasons. People probably don't sign up on weekends because they'd assume the account wouldn't be set up till monday anyways.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Our church.
    Your church?
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Originally posted by Amdac
    A lot of companies are closed on weekends, especially sundays for religious reasons. People probably don't sign up on weekends because they'd assume the account wouldn't be set up till monday anyways.
    Yes, that`s probably a reason...

I dunno Sunday just doesn't motivate me to buy like the other days. On sunday I'm tired and mad that I have to go back to work or whatever on Monday. Maybe the mood that you have to go back to work keeps people from buying.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I suppose that's absolute sensible to have such customer psychology on Sunday. Maybe you can start a poll on Sunday purchase and see a good response.

Just a suggestion

Monday is my lazy day . I useually wake up around 10am then the useual 730am. Then i grabb a bite to eat and check the morning pipe. Me and monday have a special bond. I love them.

Many are probably hungover on Sundays..
    Are you a webhost?
    Want more customers?
    Add your plans at Webhost-kb.com

Sunday is usually the day all business stores are closed, your clients are probably assuming your closed aswell.

Businesses don't usually work weekends...
    Home users like to spend time in church, in bed, in the pub or with their families weekends...

Originally posted by Amdac
    Your church?
    my church

You could point out on your website that accounts are being setup 24/7 .....
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

That's assuming people read your whole site (i wonder how many read the tos )

Sunday is always slow, however Monday always makes up for Sunday's slowness.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

We actually do well on Sundays, lot of hobby sites sign up usually. Anything that comes in Friday after 4pm - Sunday 12pm though we scrutinize very heavily. Seems almost 90% of those orders are fraudulent.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Here's our stats recording signup statistics. If every day was the same, then the rate would be 14.3% :-

Sundays: 12.7%
    Mondays: 13.4%
    Tuesdays: 17.9%
    Wednesdays: 14.1%
    Thursdays: 15.9%
    Fridays: 14.9%
    Saturdays: 12.7%

These figures are extremely reliable due to the period that they track. Weekends are definitely quieter. Tuesday is a good day for us

Kevin

Sunday was actually a busy day (weekends etc) for sales, with HTTPme. I was a bit surprised by it, but I figured that folks have time to do things online, that they want to get done etc. Hence the weekend sales.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

ebay has the opposite effect stuff sells well at the weekend usually, maybe thats why you get no hosting customers at the weekend, because they are all on ebay :-)

It is true tho we get less at the weekends, most of our customers also seem to be men ( although i am female) so maybe its down to their partners saying "get off that computer and spend some time with me ;-)"

God.

Well...he rested on the 7th day and if it is good enough for him....

Actually sales do decline on Sundays for the retail sector as well. And the main reason is church and family commitments. It seems that family values have taken a increase in popularity the last 2.5 years especially.

I for one do take Sunday off. Or as best as I can. I spend the day with my family, in church and just relaxing. I will check email but not as often as I normally do (which is every 10 minutes).

Now don't get me wrong, my company is still operating and I have support staff who are more than happy to look after setting up new clients as well as answering support tickets.

But Sunday is my day of rest. My day I spend with my family. With myself. The rest is always welcomed as well. For Monday will be another 18 hour day (my average day is 18 hours long) and back to business I am.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

Greetings:

That's what I get for typing too fast ;-)

I meant:

Or church.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

They rest on sunday lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast