Thread: How is NAC now?

How is NAC now?

NAC just added UUNet and ATT on their transit. We are thinking about getting some of their bandwidth for our other project. How is NAC now/lately, especially after the UUNet/ATT addition?

I am looking at their SLA at this moment, they claim an uptime of 99.95%, but the funny thing is, 99.95% to them is equal to one hour downtime It should be more like 20 minutes
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Any customers of NAC, either in their OCT or NWR POP?
    I'll be connecting to their NWR POP, btw.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

I couldn't tell much on NAC network, but as a client on DNOW that uses NAC bandwidth, it has been 100% uptime, no downtime at all.

If DNOW can achieve that, I'm sure NAC can do that as well.

I've a server at the NAC in Parsippany, and have occurred no downtime except that switch issue which was fixed promptly.

My resellers account with HTTPme.COM has had excellent uptime, 99.87% since 12 DEC 2003 accordin to Alertra.com

NAC has always seemed an excellent provider to myself. Sure, they've had one or two issues, but so has anywhere else I can think of. I have absolutely no qualms with being hosted in the NAC.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Dave, I had no idea that NAC added UUNet and ATT to their transit, but that's got to be a good thing, yes? I think your question is almost self answering.
    Well, no ... I am asking about how their routing, any better after adding UUNet/ATT? And I can't know this since I am not inside their network

Dave,

Their network is pretty good. Their have been some hiccups but most downtime is scheduled maintenance and sjs always sends out announcements via the mailing list when maintenance, service affecting or not, will occur.

They run a tight network, if only the ac redundancy at Parsipanny was better...
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

I know that since they added ATT Comcast broadband users have to be loving them. Prior to their addition of ATT I would trace to NAC at about 25ms. Since the addition I consistently trace there at 15ms. I would guess that probably has something to do with Comcast's arrangement with ATT but that is a nice speed to be sure...