Sagonet.com, THE best!

Hey,

I'm not someone who takes time to write a comment on a site, but this time, it is WORTH it.

I've had a site on the fabulous serie Grand Theft Auto, in french . At first, like everyone, it was hosted on free sites. But since January, i've been searching for a dedicated server, at max 100 US$/month with min 1000 Gb/month. I found a lot of company, and all of them had at least bad comments on http://www.webhostingtalk.com or a too high setup fee. But i found sagonet.com . I first looked on your plans and i though they were quiet high, untill i saw the bargain servers. Wow, 1.8 ghz 1000 gb/month for 65$/month... Too good to be true I first thought. But looking on the forum, i saw that some ppl ordered those servers and had no problems, so i ordered it. Had some problem with the verification at first (CC number not clear), so resent it, and was ok. 3 days (i think) later, got my email with the server infos... Well, ok, GREAT! But after a couple of hours exploring my server, i found out that there was no iworx installed. Oh well, ok. I opened a ticket, and 1 hour later, they had reinstall my server. Wow... Ok. I had some questions regarding my server during the month, and except once, it took minimum 1 hour to get an answer. My latest pb, was that my server was quiet slow. I could only download (with shell, using wget) at 40 kb/sec files that i could normally download at 400 kb/sec on my comp. I opened a ticket AGAIN, and 5 minutes later, he fixed my pb. Now my site has never been THAT FAST!!! So, i would like thank alot Dan and the others from the technical staff for taking the time to solve my problems, and also, SAGONET, THANK YOU, you've made a happy customer

PS: Check it out, http://www.sagonet.com, worth the click

What's the URL to your site there?

just a note to your orginal post, $65 seems to be for the 1.6ghz server, the 1.8ghz is $99 a month

I believe it was 1.8GHz before, they seemed to have lowered the specs recently.

Exactly, when i ordered mine, it was 1.8 with 1000 gb and 80 gb HD

ah yes, my mistake. on their website, the prices aren't updated but they seem to be offering a special deal now, as seen in the dedicated offers forum

Well, I would look into Sago more, but 1) I tried to make a thread about them 3 months ago and everyone had negitive posts about them. 2) Sagonet doesn't offer cpanel

Since we have positive input now, I would concider them more, but having no cpanel is a real drag. Interworx or whatever it is they offer, is sufficient, but what I really want in a control panel is ability to move accounts from a cpanel to anything else. If interworx did that I would concider using it.

Originally posted by z280 Hosting
    Well, I would look into Sago more, but 1) I tried to make a thread about them 3 months ago and everyone had negitive posts about them. 2) Sagonet doesn't offer cpanel

Since we have positive input now, I would concider them more, but having no cpanel is a real drag. Interworx or whatever it is they offer, is sufficient, but what I really want in a control panel is ability to move accounts from a cpanel to anything else. If interworx did that I would concider using it.
    You mean transfering your users account from cpanel to interworx?

Yes, thats what I mean.

Glad to see someone posting a posotive review of a host
    hm what should I put in my sig?

Originally posted by ChaosHosting
    Glad to see someone posting a posotive review of a host
    Yes, too many complaints lately.

Originally posted by cybexhost1
    Yes, too many complaints lately.
    Well, there is always going to be complaints. Sadly, most people don't have a desire to help a company if they do great, but they sure do have a desire to get-back-at a host that doesnt please them.

Isnt sagonet going thru a pretty large expansion of their facility right now also? Sounds like they are improving their support along with it.
    ReliableServers.com
    Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Cloud Servers | CDN
    1000 Gbps Network | New Jersey DataCenter
    973-849-0535

I've recently contracted a host with them, it's slow to take the server (print sign with pen and email for visa payment .... scan your visa and driving license .... doh), but the server runs good, we have a game server and are from europe, and we have a decent ping, 120-130 (180 for dsl users), we had a problem because for an unknown reason the server didn't respond, don't know if our fault or sagonet's fault, but being monday I sent a ticket and in less than 15 minutes the server was rebooted, pretty good response time

and about the expansion, if you look in their web they are selling lots of electricity, air conditioning, cooling, air filtering etc machines, so yes, they must be in expansion
    Last edited by garlor; 04-25-2004 at 05:20 PM.

I have a server ther via reseller for 6+ months now i believe.
    its a 10mb Unltd Box and 0 downtime so far
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Can't say enough good things about Sagonet. The staff is great and othr than some problems mostly having to do with my inexperience and some email trouble I haven't had a problem with them.
    Tim Ryberg, InterWorx L.L.C. | InterWorx Hosting Control Panel 3.0!
    Views expressed are the author's own and do not represent those of InterWorx L.L.C. unless stated otherwise.
    Join me in my personal quest for The Ultimate CMS!

I agree.

I have had nothing but good service from Sago.

Regards,
    Jon Christopherson

Originally posted by Dilhole
    Isnt sagonet going thru a pretty large expansion of their facility right now also? Sounds like they are improving their support along with it.
    I actually visited their data center about a week ago after becoming a customer. It is very impressive and yes they are in the process of a very large expansion. They still have a lot of room left in there building after they finish this expansion.

I am considering buying a Dual Intel Xeon 2.4 from them, are they recommended over all other hosts, or is there a better host with those specs and in that price range?

IMHO, they are one of the best kept secrets on these boards. *Very* competitive prices for dedicated and colo. And jon2200 isn't kidding when he says they'll have a lot of room left. You have to search as it is to find the ton of servers that are already there it's so cavernous.

Thumbs up to Sago.
    Chris Wells [clwells - at - nexcess.net]
    Nexcess - Beyond Hosting
    Dearborn, MI DC ● Southfield, MI DC
    Wordpress Hosting, Magento Hosting & More!

It's just a bit scary that they totally rely on Global Crossing - no backup providers or anything - atleast nothing that fixedorbit would come up with...
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

I have only been with Sago for a few months now but I like what I see so far. Not to mention their support is the fastest I've seen. We have servers with 3 other data centers they are by far the fastest support!

My site and the sites I host are hosted by SAGONet. I don't need support but their support is awesome and fast whenever I have had to have them reboot my server due to an error I caused or a time I botched up a new kernel.

My friend also signed up with them at the same time I did and he's been happy with them too. Advanced linux users will be pleased with support if you happen to have to contact them, their admins aren't dumb and know what you are talking about which is a relief.
    Sam

Maybe its just me but... Doesn't their datacenter look like an old abandon Wal-Mart that they turned into a datacenter?

EDIT: Or more like a Lowes
    Last edited by z280 Hosting; 04-28-2004 at 09:41 PM.

I also have a server with Sago. Their network is speedy, their support is great too. I had a small glitch with the partitions when they set up the server, but other than that, everything has be a-ok. I would recommend them to anyone in a heart beat.
    Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Originally posted by z280 Hosting
    Maybe its just me but... Doesn't their datacenter look like an old abandon Wal-Mart that they turned into a datacenter?

EDIT: Or more like a Lowes
    Actually it was a Roberd's Furniture store. Of course, that puts us in pretty good company as ThePlanet/ServerMatrix was a Levitz and Roberds sold higher end furniture.

Seriously though, the structure of poured-in-place built warehouses make them ideal for datacenters. Our building is 22' slab to clear, which makes building the raised floor and overhead plenum tons easier and make for better overall operation.
    Sago Networks
    CoLocation / Dedicated Servers
    Track our Data Center Expansion at http://www.sagonet.com/datacenter