Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Ok on my forums www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/forum we offer a trading section although the rules state

• Xtremecomputing shall not be held accountable in any way resulting from the trading that goes on in this forum. The administrators have the same information as you do about the other party, so don't ask

However we have had something occur a user was trading with another one however for what ever reasons they wanted them back so one sent the other back but the other still hasnt sent the periphal back so he now has his and the other one back after numorus emails and pm's from me and the user he hasnt replied the user is wanting to go through legal matters how or what should i do as the owner?

Look through the records for the IP (hopefully broadband, fixed) that way you can trace him back, contact his ISP and go from there.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

well i have his IP and his home address as does the user who sent for the exchange i just wanted to know what would be the best way for me to get involved

also notice that your company is based in the north east where abouts m8?

Don't get involved. You can't give out the user's IP without permission -- Data Protection Act, unless it's stated in the user agreement when the user signed up.
    Gone.

ah thanks for that

also notice that your company is based in the north east where abouts m8?
    Stockton - on - tees, it's near Middlesbrough.

He wouldn't be passing them up if he got involved my way, he would simply be helping trace them back, although he has their address anyway.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company