Hybrid View

has anybody used ZEUS?

i read from netcraft, and found the number of zeus users are increasing. i search this forum but found nothing on zeus, has anyone had the experience to use zeus?

http://www.zeus.com/products/zws/features.html

it support 1 million+ websites on a server while Apache only allow < 1000 sites. if i have a powerful 64 bits server, will the use of zeus a good idea?

i was using zeus for a while [ until it expired ]
    it's easy to menage ( great control panel ) and stuff, so simple to install and use, but:
    - even though i installed php without problems and it was working <? phpinfo() ?>, i wasn't able to install many php scripts...

Well, it's expensive and is frequently used by large companies only. Apache instead is open source, and there's a large clientele for it. Generally, hosts will strive to use a least cost but highly effective method to serve webpages. Apache seems to have proven itself already.

Of course, eCommerce companies dealing with intensive applications will look at other custom solutions or higher end products like ZWS.
    Have you Floble'd today?

yep

it's very expensive

anyone knows if Apache is being improved to one day come closer to it?

Lem0nHead, that's a good question.

Apache team should think about adding some control panel as there is one in Zeus ( but not only this, right ?

BTW. Anyone got mambo's admin panel working in Zeus?

I have used Zeus, One thing I immediately noticed was that to shutdown an account, it would basically shutdown that server process. I never really got into it, due to being so used to Apache.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Originally posted by datums
    I have used Zeus, One thing I immediately noticed was that to shutdown an account, it would basically shutdown that server process. I never really got into it, due to being so used to Apache.
    i didn't get what you mean

it's necessary to shutdown (restart) apache to remove an account

I used to use a Zeus link exchange spider, is this what you meant?