Help me out with IRC

Hi

I need to setup IRC for my forums.

Have no idea how to do that :/

I have a registration form and databasewith all username and password. Only registered users may use IRC. Is it possible to do this?

Also, I need to show who's online.

I would appreciate if you recommended me good irc hosting, because SM does not allow it.

Thanks
    How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL

At least give me some links

ircxpro.com - search for unrealircd - search for ircd servers - do some searching!

Anope (www.anope.org) is going to be complete with phase 3 of their MySql implementation. Then you'll be able to not only read from the database, and have the IRC services read from the database (as opposed to files), but you will be able to write to a database.

This may be what your looking for.
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

You could always rebuild unrealircd with your own implementation of mysql database reading and remove the register feature, and set all channel modes to +r and not allow new channels without an ircop making them?

Well, to save your self some work, why not use someone elses network?

With most (all?) the IRC programs i've seen tied into a forum, you've been able to hard code what channels they can join, etc.

If you wanna go this route, drop me a PM, and i'll give you a list of good networks, and help you register.

As for the MySQL thing, why not just have it so only registered members on the forum can view the page? Though, then the users would need to then register with NickSERV (well technically, they don't HAVE to).

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

DeltaAnime

What do you mean by using someone elses network? I'm actually looking for the company that will install server for me.

The list of online users is not that important. Registration is a must. If we forget about mysql for a second, does irc has any registration process by itself?

Thanks

Use Bahamut with Anope as posted above, check their support forums for more info.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

IRC is just the chat 'protocol', like multiplayer notepad, just the sending of text, 'services' are how names etc are registered, they are bots that are run to write / retrieve info into text files so names cant be stolen etc.