Trying to choose a host

Here's what I need.

I need to be able to send email from my domain using smtp over a non-standard port such as 2525 since my ISP blocks 25. I also need to be able to send mail as my hotmail account through this smtp. My previous Host allowed me to send mail as anyone so long as I authenticated and wasn't complained about (not spam).

Here's the rest of what I need:

linux
    php
    40gig transfer
    200mb storage
    pop3

If anyone can suggest anyone, let me know. Thanks.

Jody

Hmm. I'm not sure whether you can do that over cpanel.

Good luck.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Cpanel can use port 26 is that any help? you would have to ask the host to set up exim on there but it can be done for isp's who block port 25

Yes, that would help. My previous host used cpanel Eryxma and they opened 2525 for that purpose. Does anyone have any recommendations of hosts who can/will/do do this?

Jody

guess, you might have to contact hosts individually to check if they provide such service or can they provide?
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

I think it depends on how much you're willing to pay.

What's your monthly budget?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

It is possible with any server, with any host. You just must contact each host individually asking
    a) if they know how to do this.
    b) are willing to do it.

Hi Jody,

Try researching lfchosting.com . The companies provide very personalized hosting service. You need to ask them for these services.

Cristiano
    HostPulse.com - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting

Originally posted by 25hosts
    Hi Jody,

Try researching lfchosting.com . The companies provide very personalized hosting service. You need to ask them for these services.

Cristiano
    Pricing seems a little high with this company.

Thanks everyone very much for your input. If anyone here offers this and would like to PM me with the details as well, I'd appreciate it. I do warn you I'm still kind of a small fry for a hosting customer budgeting around <$10/month. But I do run a very low maintenance, no hiccup site without alot of bells and whistles. Thanks.

Jody

Originally posted by jodyglidden
    Thanks everyone very much for your input. If anyone here offers this and would like to PM me with the details as well, I'd appreciate it. I do warn you I'm still kind of a small fry for a hosting customer budgeting around <$10/month. But I do run a very low maintenance, no hiccup site without alot of bells and whistles. Thanks.

Jody
    you might try the host quote feature... btw, most host companies using cpanel can open 26 for you...
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003