Transferring Name Servers

We have recently come across a problem when attempting to transfer domain name servers from one cPanel machine to another cPanel machine.

i.e. ns1.mydomain.com from IP 65.111.111.111 to 65.111.111.112. Is there anyway this can be done with no downtime?
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Cloud/VPS Plans Dedicated Servers

you can mirror the content at both servers, after two days you can work/update on the new server because everyone should be redirecting to that (wait an extra day and check logs to make sure).
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Yes, this is what we have done several times. But I am wondering if there is any quicker more reliable way to do it?
    Web Hosting

I dont know of any.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

How about adding ns3/ns4 on the new server and adding it to the DNS system. It will propagate in 48 hours, but the first server's content will be served as most of the ISPs usually use the first 2 nameservers for lookups unless they are down.

After 48 hours, yank the first 2 nameservers off the DNS (WHOIS).

setting the TTL to very small time can make some ISPs work almost instantly as low as 5mins, others it really depends on the ISP cache.

and for the lookup its random Allwin
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Force Internal DNS on the "Legacy" machine to the new machine Easy as pie and no down time at all.
    FastServerManagement
    Powerful CPanel Server Management
    [email protected] 1-877-898-1423

Thanks for all your suggestions, next time I do a transfer I will be giving some of these a try.
    Web Hosting

You will always have a couple of full days for the changes to propogate fully since the A records at the root name servers (the registered name servers) have TTLs at 172800.

Since this is two days, that is how long people can be asking for the original IP.

As long as you have the name servers working on both systems for a couple of days (2 days after the root name servers are updated) then you should be all set.

Just forward the IP with the server's DNS system.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com