Dinix Review So Far

Hi all,

I signed up with Dinix a few days ago, I think Tuesday or Monday... My account was up in about 18 hours and everything worked fine. Support requests (I submitted tickets to request my Fantastico license, two reboots, and a few general queries) were all resolved within ~30 minutes. I have the VPS 100 package and have experienced no downtime and no other problems so far. I will keep you all updated

Thanks

Probably would be more informative if its few months later

But they have been top notch, look forward to your review later.

I have heard a lot of good things about Dinix. They look like a very reputable company.

theyre the best.

we have a vps (since december) and are going to hopefully be adding a dedicated this week
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

I have been with them since November 03 and they have been great. Server performs well, the network has been stable and support is top notch. Dinix has been great for me so far!

how are things now Flip?

I just raised a support ticket just before 9:00 in the morning and they answered it immediately. I'm in the UK so that tells me they really do provide 24 hour support. I like Dinix.

good to hear probably going to switch soon. i e-mailed their sales and their first reply was quick, but the 2nd one is taking quite some time (over 24 hours)

I signed up yesterday morning for a VPS account. They called within 15 minutes to verify my order. Techs had my account setup before 5pm. So far everything has been great.

Regards,

Mike

sounds great! keep me updated on here.

LauraStephens...

Did you transfer your domain to Dinix, and if so, how long did it take for your VPS to be up and running? I want to open a VPS with them, but I'm concerned b/c their TOS says that it takes a minimum of 7 days, and CAN take up to 60 days, for the transfer to take effect.

Duh

I don't know where my mind is tonight. I don't want to transfer the domain to Dinix. Sorry, I had a big brain fart, obviously. I'm going to transfer my remaining domains to Go Daddy, where the other 30 or so are at.

I know what you mean about not wanting to have the domain name registered w/the same company you're hosting with. That's my problem now.

Again, sorry for the off the wall question. I'm clearly not running on all 8 cylinders tonight. Thanks anyway.

Ive had a server with dinix for over 4 months, i have to say they are the BEST they answer all tickets, not 1 downtime and there extremely friendly.

yeah downtime would be expected when you move to a new building i heard it's been pretty stable so far, but i guess time will tell.

Well there wasnt 1 unexpected downtime

well im still a happy camper (since december)

and the price is right...

they just recently did a bunch of dns stuff for me, and didnt even get crabby with me

Who has Dinix VPS?

I'd like to know what type of support Dinix offers for their VPS. I'm thinking of getting the VPS 100 package. I don't want to have to do upgrades on PHP or MySQL, and if I have a tech problem, I want them to fix it, though I don't know if this is asking too much. NEver done VPS before. Any info would be appreciated.

have you by chance contacted dinix? they are very easy to reach.

For us so far, smooth sailing. I like the quick helpdesk response.

The network seems stable. I have just a few accounts that I maintain on the server at this point, but I've had no problems to this point (except for the problems I created).

Yes, I've emailed them twice in the last 24 hours, and haven't got a response. I also wanted to hear what actual customers think of the support.

Most of the companies don't do sales during weekends

I've had my VPS for 2 days now. I messed up today and had to have a restart. They had my problem resolved in 10 minutes. So far I am pleased with their support.

Mike

I've used Dinix for a few months now and the only downtime I have seen was during the move. Other than that their service is above average. Support is great and the prices are great too. Two thumbs up from me...
    David Smith

I have a dedicated server from dinix, and their support couldn't be better. We had a problem with our /var and our /usr directorys & partitions. They put in a 80gb hard drive in and recovered data off the drive and setup with the drive in there. We are working with them to pick a good time to do a full migration of data.

Dinix gets a 10 out of 10 in my book

their support is great, but price is a little bit towards high i think. I guess that's what you pay for the great support?

Originally posted by whdev
    their support is great, but price is a little bit towards high i think. I guess that's what you pay for the great support?
    What's "a little bit towards high"?

Their VPS prices are right with most other companies (vpscolo, etc.) along with their dedicated server offering.

I've had my VPS account with Dinix for about 2 weeks now. I have opened 3 support tickets and longest one was resolved in 13 minutes. I'm really pleased with the support that I have received.

Mike

They ARE good.
    Their support is good. Never had problems with them. They even helped me solve a lot of problems.

Overall, 9/10
    1 for their site loading a little slow

But for their hosting services - I'd say 11/10 =)

What is their average server load?
    www.handreach.net -- taking care of your web site

Originally posted by handreach
    What is their average server load?
    For VPS and Dedicated server usage (which is all they do) you only see the load averages of your resource usage. I believe that they're the only ones able to see the actual load of a VPS Host server.

I just moved out of Dinix because I got a good deal on dedicated servers. My experience with them is great. If only I get a good deal from them, I will definitely go back. Support tickets are answered real fast.