Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512

    BLCC Dedicated Servers - Über size your bandwidth: 1000GB for $59!

    You heard right: Über Size (TM) your bandwidth with any Black Lotus "Basic" dedicated server package by adding 1000GB of transfer for just $59 more!

    This offer is valid through Sunday, April 25th.

    A complete listing of our packages is available at: http://www.blacklotus.net/servers.html

    Also: We have one "stray" server that does not correlate with any of the packages we currently offer. Its specifications are as follows:

    P4/2.66, 512MB PC2700, 40GB IDE 7200

    You may substitute the Celeron that comes with the Basic 100 for an additional $20 per month, only when you Über Size (TM)your bandwidth.

    Also, for those who choose to Über Size (TM) their bandwidth we will waive our 12-month agreement requirement, this weekend only.

    To take advantage of this offer, please PM me directly with your telephone number and times you can be reached.

    Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Just to clairify, the $20/mo extra gives you the P4 listed above in replacement of the Celeron for the Basic 100.

    Keep in mind that all of our servers include pre-paid remote hands and an APC reboot port!
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    308
    How much do you charge for OS reinstalls?
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Do you anticipate needing to reinstall the OS for some reason or another?

    There would be no charge to do so, as long as it did not put you over your allotment of pre-paid remote hands for the month.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    308
    Originally posted by DeathNova
    Do you anticipate needing to reinstall the OS for some reason or another?

    There would be no charge to do so, as long as it did not put you over your allotment of pre-paid remote hands for the month.
    Does "pre-paid remote hands" time come included with the servers or do you charge $150/hour to reinstall like I'm told.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    It does now, yes. Some of our customers with older contracts are on an "a la carte" system where they paid far less for their servers but have to pay additional for things like reinstalls. This is not the case with the packages we are advertising currently.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    308
    How much would you actually charge for the reinstall? I know you say 150/hour, but how much would that come out to because it would take me 10 minutes for installing fedora but I have no way of knowing if it you would take 2 hours and say it was "complicated"...
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Its only complicated if a customer asks it to be complicated . A typical vanilla install will run 30 - 60 minutes (at the very most). This would fall within the prepaid allotment for any of the plans we offer.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    308
    Originally posted by DeathNova
    Its only complicated if a customer asks it to be complicated . A typical vanilla install will run 30 - 60 minutes (at the very most). This would fall within the prepaid allotment for any of the plans we offer.
    except any of your current customers which are not on the new plans that have to pay $150/m, correct?
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    308
    Originally posted by DeathNova
    It does now, yes. Some of our customers with older contracts are on an "a la carte" system where they paid far less for their servers but have to pay additional for things like reinstalls. This is not the case with the packages we are advertising currently.
    So $1200/year w/ 800gb is "far less" than your current offers?
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    We currently do not offer a package at that price. It should be kept in perspective that some customers did sign into contract with us when our pricing model was quite diffrent. Anyone that wants to renegoitate this pricing is more than welcome to open a ticket at http://support.blacklotus.net and we can change them over to one of the plans currently advertised on the site.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,796
    Closed by request.
      0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •