* I'm in deperate need of money!

Hi ,
    My father works but he can't afford loads of money for me , he's business is Slow not only his but the business in the world is slow and i'm in deperate need of money my occupation is that i'm a student doing 'O' Levels , so i just need some advise on how to earn money ? can i student do job ? or can i work with my father ? i just really need money

Yes, you can do work (Unless your country is wierd). Did I talk to you on MSN about a forum job?

Good luck however
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Rob a bank.

Dude, not a good advice unless he's in a lawless country

Zafra...why don't you go help out your dad, or, I'm not sure where you are but there is a high possibility that there is a McDonald in your neighbourhood. Give that a try

I'm a student and was able to get a job with one of my friend's parents since they own a smal business, I work in hteir office on saturdays doing anything with their computer systems, and they pay me ~500 a month.
    josh

There are lot of things you can sell and earn commission without holding a regular job. For instance Insurance, Bonds, Real Estate, Date entry work etc. Insurance especially can be a big time affair if you intend to make it a career

Good luck

Originally posted by rois
    Dude, not a good advice unless he's in a lawless country

Zafra...why don't you go help out your dad, or, I'm not sure where you are but there is a high possibility that there is a McDonald in your neighbourhood. Give that a try
    Thank you but my father will not allow me to work as a waiter in Mcdonald and he don't know that i need money that much i just dont want to make him sad yeah i can work with my father that can happen i'll talk with him but thanks once again

and 4 degrees , yes i'm the one and i sold www.teenstandard.com nevermind

Once MSN Messenger is back up I will update you
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

ya msn is not working ?

Originally posted by Zafar
    ya msn is not working ?
    It's back up now for most people.

Re: I'm in deperate need of money!

Originally posted by Zafar
    I'm in deperate need of money!
    to some extend....who doesn't....

'your father won't let you work a job at mcdonalds.'?!? How unamerican is that. da-oood! Get a friggin clue:

My sister was a waitress for 12 years before she got her PhD and after being a professor for several Universities, still swears waitressing was the best job she ever had.

When I quit coke and went back to college for com-sci, she told me get a fulltime job and go to school full time and she'd help me out. I balked at the idea of washing dishes but she said 'One nice thing about a sheet job, you can always tell your employer SEE YA.' and within a day I had a dishwashing job and it turned into my first computer contract (a robotic rainforest for an Aloha Burger Shack). So ya never know who you will meet on a crummy job.

A guy I know, Jeffery, was a waiter and got a killer mainframe job by meeting customers; he ended up being one of the finest HMO programmers on the planet. I was at Radio Shack (same college days) and two girls came in to get an answering machine. They had fired their other programmer and he was bugging them on the phone; I mentioned I was in college and needed a software job. They hired me on the spot and that paid $40k...my first real job way back in...well, a long time ago.

Edison sold newspapers and chocolate on trains.

I could go down the list of people who had crummy jobs and built a little mini (or major) empire. If you are sitting at home typing and haven't earned a dime this hour or today or this week GET A JOB and at least you'll have some spending money.

I am a programmer; financials are a specialty. I never thought I'd have to do manual labor but inbetween contracts I used to bartend. Then I got into the the electrician's union and have done that inbetween contracts. I just passed my all-position welding cert and am planning on doing that too. Then I'm going to take refrigeration (once I learn to spell it) and who knows; perhaps surveying too because...

I own 20+ (maybe 30) websites and they make about $2000 a year tops and that's not enough to eat. SOME of them have potential; I need to get my ads tuned up since they have shown potential. But in the meantime you gotta cover bills, debts, dreams, your own business expenses etc. and you can't pay for ads with wishful thinking that some site or hosting service or whatever is going to do it for you. I have done that. It doesn't work out. YOU NEED TO RELY ON AN EMPLOYERS UNTIL YOU GET A SMASH HIT. YOU WON'T GET A SMASH HIT IF YOU ARE BROKE AND EVERY PENNY YOUR SITES EARN GOES TO FEEDING YOUR FACE INSTEAD OF YOUR MARKETING BUDGET.

So, tell your dad to either cough up $200 bucks a week as a gift or kiss your employable tail and go find a job...any job. A sheet job. A good job. A tutoring or forum job. A dishwashing job. Got a lawnmower? Go cut grass for old ladies. Don't have a mower? They are free on craigslist. Go get them, fix them and resell them as 'refurbished with a 90 day warranty.' Whatever but if it doesn't earn money the first day you do it, you picked the wrong 'gig'.

A lot of folks smoke pot and say it doesn't do anything to them; probably true...sort of, once you look past the carcinogens in smoke in general, but one thing I have noticed among my pot smoking friends; they are always late on deadlines, they forget things constantly, things that drive their customers and clients nuts aren't important to them and often, they are underemployed or unemployed. If you are burning at 4:20, fine: as long as you got off work at 4:00 and earned some cash that's up to you.

But if you are burning on a wake and bake schedule (sounds like it) and you are broke too, you got a problem: fix it. Try a good jolt of some caffinated substance at 6:00am, get in the shower, go apply for 5 (min) or 10 (max) sheet jobs every day no matter where they are or what they are and if you get a better one in 2 weeks, quit the first sheet job and take the next best one until some 'creative' invention you are working on can feed you AND pay for it's own marketing.

My sister was shocked: in 3 weeks I had FIVE JOB:

1. Dishwashing/flipping burgers.

2. Flipping pizzas (the burger guy wanted me to spy on the pizza place's salad bar...call it pizza espionage).

3. Security guard at night: I needed someplace to park my van (where I was living/sleeping) and they gave me a great gig guarding DC-10's so I'd park there about 10pm, do some homework and crash with my doberman chained to the bumper outside. He'd wake me up if anything moved near the plane.

4. Tutoring at the college; com-sci.

5. MY FIRST COMPUTER CONTRACT-YEAH! It was December. I was freezing in that vw van. But as I lay there in the candlelight holding up my $500.00 deposit check to do that robotic aloha rainforest gig to this day I have made up to $9000 in a week but don't think I have ever been so damn proud and happy as that cold December night.

FIVE JOBS: ALL SHEET JOBS but they led me to customers, contacts, employers and a career. While in college I also worked at the YMCA and if you're trying to work to earn so you can afford a car and get dates, try this one: I NEVER DATED SO MANY GORGEOUS, HEALTHY GIRLS as when I was at the Y working for barely minimum wage and I got free gym time everyday. BEST JOB I EVER HAD!

So, tell your Dad to get a clue. Do that right after you get one.
    Last edited by kckclass; 04-24-2004 at 02:54 PM.
    Each One Teach One~eduhosting.org
    Financial Software, Video Production
    Graphic Design, Free PC Labs 4 Kids. Start one in your town. It's a BLAST!

Originally posted by kckclass

2. Flipping pizzas (the burger guy wanted me to spy on the pizza place's salad bar...call it pissa espionage).
    That's to funny
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

kckclass, almost every post he makes amazes me, lol.
    thats some damn good advice, Zafar listen to a wise man when he speaks.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

hey, what was really funny were the 'salad topping' lists, quickly sketched with a layout and crammed into my pocket before anyone could see me doing it... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... be vewy qwiet...they're using mushrooms now...' and then unfolding these crumpled, oil, pepporoni infested wads of paper for Jeff at the Aloha and almost falling over ROFLMAO as he re-transcribed my notes...
    Each One Teach One~eduhosting.org
    Financial Software, Video Production
    Graphic Design, Free PC Labs 4 Kids. Start one in your town. It's a BLAST!

Mow Lawns...wash Cars...Shovel snow...look in the classifieds...if your dad dont like McD then go to SUbway!
    Dimensity Web Enterprises - ..::host.exception.dimension::..
    dimensity.net | dimensity.biz | dimensity.info | support[at]dimensity.net

Originally posted by johonbravo
    Mow Lawns...wash Cars...Shovel snow...look in the classifieds...if your dad dont like McD then go to SUbway!
    Working in a restaurant is good.

Do you have any professional skills? If so, list it out and perhaps we can lay some ideas for ya on how to put it to use to make $$$.

I know couple years back freelancing worked well for me, doing very minor coding/html tasks, which eventually translates into newer, better oppurtunities over time. At least it did for me.