Recommend me a Swiss Bank

I've used some US and Caribbean banks and haven't liked any of them. I have a bank in Costa Rica that is fantastic but I don't think the country is all that stable - want to keep most of my assets/savings/money-to-keep-me-alive-when-I'm-old in a place that'll be around when I need it. That and all the bad guys keep their money in Swiss accounts

SOOooo, someone recommend me their favorite/best/most-31337 swiss banks to look at - this will of course be to setup an offshore account from here (Costa Rica).

what's wrong with US & Canada banks?
    try Bank of America (US) ...it's very stable

Tax purposes I suppose and privacy

Originally posted by timechange.com
    Tax purposes I suppose and privacy
    Quoted for emphasis.

Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!

For saving only purposes, I suggest that you buy gold instead of putting your money in a bank, where ever the bank is. Banks are too risky, compared to value-in-it gold. There is no place on earth that is much secure than your own house. Also, every fiat money on the days of war, like nowadays, has the risk of losing value. Look what happened to the USD for example.

Cheers,

Ahmed
    Ahmed Ghazi
    Nozol.com - We host your dreams

Yeah, if your house looks like Forth Knox and is surrounded by barbed wire, 15ft walls and has a canal with crocodiles in it, plus you own your own anti-aircraft missile system then you can consider it safe

Royal Bank - Canada

Originally posted by timechange.com
    Yeah, if your house looks like Forth Knox and is surrounded by barbed wire, 15ft walls and has a canal with crocodiles in it, plus you own your own anti-aircraft missile system then you can consider it safe
    LOL!

But after all, who owns Forth Knox? Certainly it is a lot safer to put your money in a place you own, rather than in a place you do not have any control on it whatsoever.
    Ahmed Ghazi
    Nozol.com - We host your dreams

jwr, the Swiss banks isn't that, what they were before!
    But... look here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search .
    Last edited by artvision; 04-24-2004 at 06:41 PM.
    Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

Originally posted by nozol
    There is no place on earth that is much secure than your own house.
    I have to agree, Although it may not be as "Physically" secure as other places, it has the psyological safety. If you had a couple hundred thousand dollars in a small waterproof/fireproof safe, up in the attic or down in the basement with a bunch of boxed up crap (ie old clothes books, toys holiday stuff), Theives aren't going to get to it, Unless they either KNOW that its there, or have the time to rummage through everything..

If you keep it secure from "natural" disastors and keep your mouth shut that it even exists.. You will be good to go..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by artvision
    jwr, the Swiss banks isn't that, what they were before!
    But... look here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search .
    On a side note, I clicked on one of the top links.. Only to find a swiss bank running a TM template

http://pacificblueonline.com.au/swissbank.html

Take that to the bank..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

The price of gold is supposed to rise from quite sharply soon, I'd consider it an investment. (A very good one at that)