Any online legitmate way of resolving disputes?

I paid a website $145 for a particular item but they haven't got back to me and are blatantly ignoring my emails. I paid them through PayPal and the PayPal support are just giving me bullsh*t pre-written messages and are basically refusing to help me so i was wondering if anyone here knows if there was any other way of getting this resolved?

I really don't and can't be bothered to get lawyers involved.

Thanks.

Start Your Own Dialup ISP!
    http://www.YourOwnISP.com
    Take control of your Phone!
    http://www.CallChasers.com

What was the item? Have you tried calling Paypal on the phone? Was it a physical item that had to be shippedto you? If yes, you may be able to talk to them about it on the phone. If not, you're out of luck with Paypal.

Thanks.

>Edit Post<

The item i paid for were for a pair of customised trainers. PayPal are refusing to help me because its past the 30 day policy of payment but the item i ordered takes 4-5 weeks to process as mentioned on the website so it clashes with the PayPal policy.

PayPal are just giving me pre-written messages telling me how "concerned" they are and blah blah blah but obviously they are a load of crap when it comes to investigating. They assume that everything in the business trade revolves around their policy but it doesn't.

I blatantly have a strong case here because this website provides Tracking ID for ALL customers displayed publically on a web page and my name isn't on there which pretty much confirms that they took my money and haven't shipped NOTHING to me.
    Last edited by The Conqueror; 04-04-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Have you called the company?

Yeah i've tried but i haven't managed to get through to any of them.

Sometimes you dont NEED a lawyer to get these things done but a threat could be enough to make them ship it or at least give you a call back. Send a letter. It helps even more if you know someone who is a lawyer and will help you out a little bit for free.

For a $145 item, you sue them in small claims court, that is if it's worth it to you. For all the time and energy you'll have to put into it (not to mention filing fees, etc.) you're probably better off to fake a letter from a lawyer saying you're going to sue them, than actually doing it. Spend 3 minutes doing that, another 2 minutes writing the BBB, and 3 more minutes writing PayPal, but beyond that you're probably wasting your time due to the amount.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Technically you could be jailed for impersonating a lawyer (if you are not one of course)... can't you?

Maybe, but I meant like type up some official looking document, not claim you're a lawyer per se. You can get legal letters from the web.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

The trick to paying via Paypal is make sure it doesn't come from your Paypal balance.

Always keep Paypal in between your credit card company and the person you are paying. If anything goes wrong then, all you have to do is issue a chargeback and Paypal has to eat it.

Learning a lesson from this is about all I can see you can do.

Originally posted by LifelessHost
    The trick to paying via Paypal is make sure it doesn't come from your Paypal balance.

Always keep Paypal in between your credit card company and the person you are paying. If anything goes wrong then, all you have to do is issue a chargeback and Paypal has to eat it.

Learning a lesson from this is about all I can see you can do.
    i hardly ever spend money through the money in my paypal account. i paid for this item through paypal taking money out from my bank.

If i do issue a chargeback, wont paypal disable my account indefinately?

Originally posted by jstyla
    i hardly ever spend money through the money in my paypal account. i paid for this item through paypal taking money out from my bank.

If i do issue a chargeback, wont paypal disable my account indefinately?
    They will "limit" your account. Personally I value my money more than my Paypal account.

You can go to your bank and tell them of unauthorized charges and they can reverse it. I've done that before when getting ripped off, however there is a $20 fee or so to reverse the charge.

Originally posted by LifelessHost
    They will "limit" your account. Personally I value my money more than my Paypal account.
    Yeah same here but i handle a lot of business through PayPal and it seems to be popular among most people i deal with so i really don't want to ruin my business

LCHwebHost
    You can go to your bank and tell them of unauthorized charges and they can reverse it. I've done that before when getting ripped off, however there is a $20 fee or so to reverse the charge.
    I think i did a chargeback before and never got charged for it but even if it is $20, its better than losing out 145.

Thanks.

post feedback and include a URL to a webpage describing the problem and the firms inability to resolve problems.

make sure folks at ebay can find that firm, your post and website since they will probably change email addys often.

file a claim for mail order fraud with post office.

contact the D.A. in the county of the business and they have forms; often they can get to the heart of this quickly. use your site to present your info to them; be consistent.

contact the state attorney general in case these folks are doing this to others in that state.

contact the local chamber of commerce and affiliates in that area; i.e. same type of shops.

contact their local PD/Sheriff Dept. A lot of these letters are a waste of your breath, that's ok: do it 5 or 10 times and REALLY PISS THESE FOLKS OFF, make them HATE you because you're not there to take their crap...the FIRM is and believe me, it will get ugly for them...

...and remember to...

...send copies of EVERY SINGLE LETTER/FAX as you go (two or three a day so they JUST KEEP COMING) to the FIRM and most firms don't like it when you rat them off to the local PD...things start to get ugly for the owners and employees and they may take care of you sooner than a lawsuit will do....

...contact a landlord if possible. got an address? title companies can get the owner's name and address pretty easily.

basically make a list of 10 or 20 people YOU NEVER want to have problems with; local cops, d.a.'s, landlords, etc. and then create a real stink about this FIRM with folks in their area... at $150 and $15 per hour, that's 10 hours of labor...assuming they cave in...

...and they just might.
    Each One Teach One~eduhosting.org
    Financial Software, Video Production
    Graphic Design, Free PC Labs 4 Kids. Start one in your town. It's a BLAST!