Value of targeted PR6?

Out of curiousity, what is a fair rate for a PR6 link assuming you're giving them a button image, a short paragraph, and the link is somewhat targeted?

And of course what about PR5? I've seen a lot of PR7's for sale so i'm not too curious about that figure.

All input is greatly appreciated.

An important thing is how many other links are on that page... This can/should influence the price...

Basically none. I'm not looking to start a link farm or anything, just to promote one, maybe two other sites.

You best bet would be to post in the offers and requests forums and take your best offers.

I would estimate it to be in the $50 (per link) region.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

My offering will be quite targeted as well. My intention is to allow a couple of our current customers to cross-market on our web site, but need to know what would be fair.

Thanks.

I think that also depends on number of visitors you have, no of clickthroughs expected etc..
    At the end it is the negotiation between you and buyer.
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Buying links based on PR is obsolete these days. Better to pay $100/mo to get your text link on a site that will have it on all its 5000 pages (example).
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Absolutely - individual pages are of little worth - thousands of pages is good.

thousands of pages is good.
    Is good for PR building, but not always in keywords ranking, excepting the situation when you place different link text on group of pages of the same site

It depends on the number of hits and the clickthrough rate

Typically I would agree, however, this particular application would use PR in good faith We intend to showcase one or two of our clients as our reccomended provider for shared services (as our main site offers only dedicated services).

This would not come without a premium of course: Our index is PR6 with most other layers of the site as a PR5. Blacklotus.net has an Alexa ranking which fluctuates between 80,000 and 120,000 . Not too bad for a dedicated hosting company

Forget PR building - unless you really know what you're donig with PR. Frankly too many webmasters are obsessed about collecting PR without realising how to maximise on any they have.

The *biggest* advantage when it comes to sponsored text links isn't actually the PR: it's how the link is presented itself. For example, a plain link to your homepage with a targeted keywords - spread over thousands of well ranked pages - is going to provide far more advantage for SEO purposes than simple PR channelling.

However, do note that lots of links from one site is not enough - I have almost certainly seen sites with backlinks from only a few sites drop out the index. Google demands variety.

In other words - run multiple text-link campaigns at at the same time, to ensure that you cover a good range of IPs. That way you can really look to maximise on the SEO and ranking --> therefore income generation -- of your text link advertising.