Transfer Question?

Hi Guys,

I have a customer who has transferred a domain to me 4 days ago. However, as he did not have access to the whois e-mail and only the registrar did, he had to ask them to approve it which they did 2 days ago. Now there is a twist, that the domain is going to expire tomorrow. My question is will the domain transfer OK and should he just wait it out or should he renew with his current registrar so as to not lose the domain?

Many thanks

if the current registrar ACK the transfer request then it will be transferred away.

i had my own experiences transferring expired domains from register.com and bulkregister.com, it really depend on the registrar.

some doesn't allow transferring doains if they are due in coming 30 or even 60 days.

better to ask the registrar because if its renewed u wont be able to transfer it sooner than 45days.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Thanks Bashar,

This one is trabnsferring from TuCows to enom. Has any one had experience of that at all?

since they acknowledged the registry request then it will be transferred.

some people had transferred domains from opensrs to enom in less than 24hrs (did that once from bulkregister to enom also)
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Thanks again Bashar,

Hopefully it will happen soon then.