hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : 1and1.com -- Any Experience With Them?

Forum Jump

1and1.com -- Any Experience With Them?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

1and1.com -- Any Experience With Them?

Does anyone have any experience with 1and1.com?

TIA.

Roz

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Not personally although I have read reviews around here that you should be able to find using the search page.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

Very well known, they bring in Millions and Millions of dollars per month. If a part of your factor of picking a host is whether or not you rely on them to be there forever - 1and1 is definitly the choice. They have 20 page inserts in world-wide magazines, huge ad's on many web pages, they even gave away 5 free years of hosting to anyone who wanted it not too long back. However, their prices are not the lowest.

Sponsored Links
Old
Account Suspended

do a search, you will get too many results.

Old
Web Hosting Master

They are probably the biggest hosting company in the world. But that doesn't mean that they are good. Their support is probably bad.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

I allways assumed that 1 & 1 were an excellent company, and I automatically assumed they had an excellent reputation because they *do* sell millions of domains, and they do manage millions of domains and they look professional and have alot of advertising, so I thought they *must* be excellent. I thought that *until* I listened to what people on this forum were saying so I then checked through the threads and checked up on google and I personally have chosen www.123-reg.co.uk instead of 1 & 1.

In fact that is the second company I have avoided directly thanks to this forum. The first one was the famous company known as www.datapacket.com. I have thankfully missed them *both* all thanks to the excellent reviews of the good folk on this forum.

Thankyou forum !!

Old
Web Hosting Master

The only experiance I have had with 1&1 was with a domain registred by one of my customers. The control pannel was not proplerly changing the nameservers, after 3 emails and 2 calls, 2 weeks later, they got one of their guys to manually update the info. :/

Old
Formerly orange-y

The only experience I've had with them is clients transferring from them. From my own experience, they are *really* slow to do domain changes. I can't say anything about their hosting, but I'd stay away from them for your domain name.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

That is exactly the same kind of criticism I heard, nothing *that negative* about the hosting side, but they have very bad/slow customer support if you want to change your domains away from them, and slow to get anything done.

Old
Security Ninja

Service wise, I haven't had any major issues with 1&1. I can't comment on the customer service, as I never needed their help.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

You'll find everything you need to know about 1&1 service and support by doing a quick search here. Slow Crawl and Not Available seem to be the typical modes of support provided. It didn't work for me, but some people have very good things to say about 1 & 1 service. Support issues, however, are legendary.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
OX Summit Web Hosting Events 2014-07-23 21:01:52
Next Generation Customer Experience 2014 Web Hosting Events 2014-02-07 14:55:00
US Consumers Would Rather Visit the Dentist Than Call Customer Service: CorvisaCloud Web Hosting News 2013-10-29 13:49:07
eTail East 2013 Web Hosting Events 2013-08-09 15:41:43
Hivelocity Ordering System Shows Server Installation via Live Camera Feed Web Hosting News 2013-02-22 12:20:26