Nameserver Needed

I've just switch my hosting company and I need to set new namesevers. Do you happen to know where I can find a free or cheap nameserver. ex (ns1.domain.com ns2.domain.com)

My new hosting company is citadelhost. according to the Tech guy I have to do this myself.

Thankz,
    Keith

I think if you are hosting with them, you are supposed to point the nameserver to them like say, ns1.citadelhost.com, ns2.citadelhost.com.

I think what they mean is that you are supposed to go to a domain registrar where you get your domain and change it to point that to them.

If your domain is with the old hosting company, then I would suggest you to speak to your old host and get it from them.

Hope this might help.

You are supposed to point them to your new host's server

Just to clarify why I'm looking for a namersever service. I want to have a customize dns for me and my users so that they don't know about citadelhost.

Thankz,
    Keith

I think what avonic is trying to say is he is looking for his own private Name Servers, so his clients can set their sites to point to his nameserver, ns1.domain.com & ns2.domain.com as oppose to his hosting company citadelhost.com.

When you spoke to the tech guy at your hosting company, he probably meant that you can set up your own private nameserver, in your control/panel.

Which bring me to the question,

What cpanel are you using? cpanel/whm, helm, ensim?

With this info someone should be able to tell you how to set up your own private nameservers.

Hmmm... If you have IPs for the nameservers on your new server, you should be able to setup your own name servers with your domain regestry and point them to the nameserver IPs.

KrOn: My control panel is cpanel and whm version 9. something.

000000000: I use godaddy as my domain register. And I was given two IP addresses to point my dns towards. I'll have to look to see if I can setup my own name server using godaddy.

Thankz

I use namecheap.com myself (same level of control, but easier to work with), but the proceedure is about the same.

Here is a link to the FAQ for setting up nameservers at godaddy.com

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/faq/f...&topic=Domains

Godaddy was the answer

Thankz everyone. I was able to find the info about the same time 00000000 answered me.

Thankz 000000000

Keith