Spy/adware dll being accessed - help

Yup, I'm back again with the same problem; still hasn't gone away.

For those of you who don't know, I've been having a bit of a spy/ad ware problem - it seems a load of adware was loaded on to my computer; I got rid of 99.5% of it - but theres one dll I just can't get rid of, that was created on the EXACT time of the other adware, aktxprxy.dll .

I'm running win XP, and tried booting into safe mode command prompt *Which I hate to no extent - why'd they have to get rid of dos?!*, but it says its in use whenever I try to delete or rename, same for normal mode.

Any ideas? There aren't any weird processes running, I looked in msconfig and nothing is in start up, same with the program file start up directories.

Just out of curiousity, is any government working on a bill that allows you to legally beat ad/spy ware makers? What about spammers? I think that'd solve this problem

WOW! What timing! Right RIGHT before I was going to press "Submit New Thread" - the dll file was activated, and spawned a pop up! Joy oh joy!

Have you tried Spybot Search & Destroy?

Edmonton, Canada
    What you have is what is known as Malware. Kinda a spyware program.

Now, you can try running Ad-Aware and Spybot to see if you can remove it that way, but it is not always successful.

You can also get free advice on how to remove this malicious Spyware Program. I would recommend you do this first.

Go to , and download HijackThis.

Unzip the download (using a piece of software like Winzip)

Doubleclick on HijackThis.exe from the unzipped archive and press the "Scan" button.

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press this button, and save the log to a location on you machine, like the desktop. Post this log on the site I mention below

NOTE: Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Next download CWshredder and unzip that program. Run that program .Let it fix everything it finds, and reboot.

Before using HiJackThis again to post your follow-up log, go in Program Files, click File, new, folder, then name it HiJackThis or HJT. Then move HijackThis.exe out of its actual temporary location, right into the newly created folder.

Rerun your HijackThis and then post the log on the site below.

You can post the logs at This site is run by a guy who is considered one of the foremost experts in the Spyware field. He is often featured on Slashdot, TechTV, and Lockergnome. I am sure that he or those whom are experts in this particular MalWare on his site can also help you.

Be specific in explaining your issue. Copy and paste the contents of your Hijack This logs into your new topic thread. You'll get expert assistance in dealing with YOUR problem usually fairly shortly.

A log is a very lengthy item and even though you could post it here, if you posted it at the above location, you would have a better and faster chance at locating all of the registry keys that it plants and as well system and program files. Many of these you MUST manually delete in Safe Mode.

Sorry to read you have been affected by this piece of malicious spyware but if you do the above, you can be back to normal within 24 hours usually.

Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

I've done ALL of that, at least 15 times... It doesn't work at all

I'll try posting the hijack this log - but I used the guide on the site, and used common sense to read it - and removed anything that didn't look right/set off red flags - still doesn't work.