Thread: ASP Hosting

ASP Hosting

I am looking for an ASP web host to test my scripts for the next couple of months. Uptime is somewhat important to me during the test period because I will be working on the site pretty often.

I'm going to need the following with the availability of the option to upgrade at any time:
    - 3 GB monthly transfer
    - 25 MB disk space
    - ASP 3.0 (.NET is a plus)
    - MS SQL Server would be nice but not a requirement
    - Access database support if SQL server is not available
    - I'm not picky about the control panel but I'd like to see a demo before I commit to anything new

I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me the web sites of a few quality hosts which you've had past experience with and suits my needs.

Bill Wolf - Bob Thomas Honda/Kawasaki

Waco, TX
    I am not meaning to be mean here, but no host is going to welcome you to "test my scripts" development is not a place for a live webserver, it hurts every other customer.

If you want to test scripts I highly recommend using either W2k Pro or Windows XP Pro and using IIS to develop on, you have a number of benefits, fast development and transfer, not hurting anyone else, and only downtime is form your own mistakes and doesn't take the whole server down.

Eastern USA

I take it the type of testing your doing wont effect others. With a no contract deal you could do your testing on a dedicated Windows 2003 ASP Server. Just something to keep in mind
    Colocation | Hosting | eDevelopment & Design

why dont' you test right on your PC? install all components you want

amzhost is right, You have to test your script on your PC. Don't waste money for testing purpose.

Try , they have a free package which you can always upgrade to a paid one with more resources and features.

I've been using them for my ASP sites for about 2 years and still using them. Give'em a try
    Cheap Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed, cPanel/WHM Included FOR FREE

I would also reccomend Their server is very stable. Pitty about the large advertisments...

I appreciate your concern, but I'm not doing anything to hurt the server. I'm currently using brinkster and I'm not too pleased with the fact that I have to use a web based form to update my pages.

I considered the option to install IIS on my machine, but it's running XP Home and the company isn't willing to shell out $200 (guess) for a Pro license.

Can somebody recommend a host and just disregard the fact that I'm using it for a site that isn't live yet?