Anything better than SM/ThePlanet?

Hi, I am really thinking of moving off from SM/ThePlanet. Reason, I got my machines disconnect almost each month, why? Because my credit card simply gets declined with them. Though itís working all over the world but just not with them. Called my bank and they says nothing from their side. Right now I've got quite lots of boxes with them of different configuration.

I am looking for your opinion/experience with any other good service provider (not RS) which I can hook up with. SM's services are really good and they are improving their technical support as well, but this just doesnít works with me. Let me know if there are any other providers with robust connectivity and 24x7 support and yes, good services too.

Thankx
    We eDrive your Business!
    Web Hosting Solutions http://www.digitallinx.com
    Toll-Free in US and Canada: 1 (866)339-0849
    International Callers: 1 (214)329-4291 or 1 (786)380-4896

So when your card is declined - they just shut you down? They don't even attempt to contact you?

I got overbilled for 2 months and finally got the matter resolved this week. I was using a friend's card lately. After an exchange of several emails and phone calls, I got the matter resolved and they replied that I will get a refund. But no word from them after that. I did'nt knew they attempted to charge my card for the due amount or not. A ticket was opened yesterday for disconnection of my servers (15 of them) and today a ticket opened your card is getting declined and everything is down now. Overbilling was their fault and it took me time and money to resolve that. But all they do is, sorry we need the payment in full in adition to a $25 server reconnection fee per machine. 25x15 !!!
    We eDrive your Business!

gnax is good
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Well we use Liquidweb <http://www.liquidweb.com> and thier networks has been 100% since the opening of thier own datacenter in august.

Support and Sales are great and very responsive. They work with you as much as it takes.

Thier not as low cost as Server Matrix, but well worth every penny they charge.

ServInt servers is a great choice. Excellent network and their support is the best I've used. I can't speak to any issues with ServInt's billing department because Leslie is so efficient I have never had any billing issues.

I second Liquidweb, they are top notch. I have yet to have any downtime, other than when I had them install a second HDD.

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

*double post*

Originally posted by Goni
    Hi, I am really thinking of moving off from SM/ThePlanet. Reason, I got my machines disconnect almost each month, why? Because my credit card simply gets declined with them.
    I'm a little confused.. do you expect them to provide services for FREE?

of course if your not paying for services rendered then they will SHUT YOU DOWN.

your not going to find any other company that doesn't operate the exact same way...

Payment is expected when services are rendered.
    Last edited by IceCell; 04-22-2004 at 07:44 PM.

If you are happy with SM/Planets network you could always find a reseller that meets your requirements, It seems there are quite a few popping up lately

You can sign up for paypal, since you have a valid credit card, and then go through a SM reseller that accepts paypal.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Well if you have a few extra $ in your pocket look into Peer1 dedicated servers from a reseller. They offer 100% uptime and have one of the best networks in north america.

- Eddy
    Tired of jumping web hosting providers? Tired of OVERSELLING? Tired of Poor service/quality?
    Are you Finally realizing You Get What You Pay For In Life?
    If So...Please Visit ***** eServicesUnlimited***** - We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction we promise that!

Originally posted by IceCell

of course if your not paying for services rendered then they will SHUT YOU DOWN.

your not going to find any other company that doesn't operate the exact same way...

This is why I'm thankful that Burst charges 10-15 days in advance. If my card gets declined (or if our clients card gets declined), we have 10-15 days to arrange for an alternate form of payment, or to get the card situation rectified. At first, the charging in advance seemed like a downside, but I've had debit card issues in the past (for my own server), and that policy has saved my server

-Josh

hello,

www.tranxactglobal.com, their great!
    yeah.. i'm useless!

Cyberwurx is the only provider I would recommend for now...

Originally posted by IceCell

I really don't expect services for FREE. I got overbilled for 2 months and it really took me more than a month to resolve this with them. For that reason my dues were delayed. And instead of notifying they have not got the payments they just disconnected all the machines. Who was responsible for the overbilling? They did'nt even bothered to resolve it untill I did it myself with each and every detail of the server I ordered. What do a company expect from a regular client who is just growing by time and getting more and more servers almost daily?

As if I was SM/ThePlanet I would have appolgized the client for the overbilling and give him some time for payments. But I guess, If my card does not work with them, its not worth anything to stay with them for just getting disconnected each month.
    We eDrive your Business!

We were thinking of getting a server from them to monitor our equipment from a fourth location outside our own datacenter and network (we like to be sure everythings working always) and we have seen nothing but bad things about SM.

I haven't heard anything about Server4you lately, but they used to get rave reviews. If you are looking for support though, it costs on a per incident basis with them if I remember correctly.
    Thank You,
    Chad McCan
    www.bluevirtual.com
    www.bvgamer.com

We had an issue once with their billing - there was nothing wrong with the card they just couldn't get it to go through for some reason.

Their response was NOT to shut the machines down - we received a mail describing the problem and asking us to contact them within 48 hours. This we did and the problem was solved.

It would be suicidal for them to shut down servers immediately if a payment doesn't go through so whatever happened here it wasn't as straightforward as that.
    Invectis - Windows 2000, 2003 and MS SQL Server web hosting

I recommend Dinix. Currently, they have a $130/month server that is pretty sweet, and cPanel licenses are only $10/month.

Yea, I am looking short towards dinix and liquidweb. They have given me some good quotes. Hope we won't have such problems with them and if we do, there would be somone to resolve it.
    We eDrive your Business!

Go with GNAX
    hm what should I put in my sig?

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    If you are happy with SM/Planets network you could always find a reseller that meets your requirements, It seems there are quite a few popping up lately
    I would agree with this... SM seems to be a top notch company. I've not encountered any problems with their billing, but their support department definately leaves something to be desired.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.