Completely managed servers

I am looking for completely managed dedicated servers.

Where are some places to look?

Thanks
    -= PREMIUM DOMAIN NAMES @ DOMAINPEP.COM

I would recommend http://voxtreme.com because i have several managed servers with them. They are an excellent company. They also own httpme.com which also another respectable reseller hosting company.

I didnt know Voxtreme owned httpme.
    I always thought it was a 'mom and pop' shop, cause there is no telephone support only forum based support.

mm do rackspace do managed servers?

Greetings:

If by "completely managed" you mean 100%, as proactive as possible, then there are only a handful (of which one I cannot name because of self interest).

EDS, IBM, Digex, InnFlow are probable fits.

If you mean managed for the most part, then Rackspace.com would be a good fit.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I mean any updates, upgrades that need to be done to the server should be taken care of by the provider. I don't know much about dedicated servers and maintaining them, so I would prefer to go with a company that can provide those services.

thanks

clook.net are a good choice if you are looking for a server you can treat as a regular reseller account, with the provider managing all of the complexities behind the scenes.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Originally posted by webpromo
    I didnt know Voxtreme owned httpme.
    I always thought it was a 'mom and pop' shop, cause there is no telephone support only forum based support.
    Definately not just a 'mom and pop' shop.

Telephone support doesn't fit our current business model, which is why it's not offered.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

phone support is over rated, it is so much easier to describe something in text(server problems etc...), for billing issues or sales phone support may be nice.
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

your best bet is to get a server and outsource management, otherwise checkout serverwizards I wont name any names but hired a guy from here 2 weeks ago, I was still waiting on work to be done just 2 days ago. I switched to serverwizards.com and after contracting them my new server was completely set up, software and firewalls installed, ssl configured as well as fantastico setup on the theme of my choice and this is all well I slept. Next morning boom server is complete. They manage my network and will be doing the management for all my dedicated servers

how is the hardware maintenance handled with Dedicated servers when something breaks down or needs repair ?
    Who is responsible for replacing it and getting everything back up and running?

Greetings:

When you have a dedicated server, you are renting the server.

The provider still owns, insures, and is responsible for the hardware.

Please note that not all providers have servicel level agreements for hardware repair; and there have been horror stores of massive down time because of no written SLA et all.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Often they are not responsible for data on dedicated servers, so need to buy additional HDD or backup space.

Greetings:

Correct on the backup.

Most new customers of dedicated servers (especially coming from a shared environment) don't realize their data is not being backed up.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Many server companies have differnet levels/meaning of dedicated. Find some companies that you are interested in, find some reviews on their service, and contact them and ask to see a copy of their contract/sla what have you so you can determine which one will work best for you. Only you know what will work for you.