Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Fox News - Making us NEO-CONS?

Hi,

Just want a healthy debate on this issue. I have noticed over couple of years that Fox News channel is strictly anti democrat and most of their news and discussion programs virtually preach their conservative values as if they are on a mission to change the minds of the people. No matter how wrong the government is doing they are always on their side and in most cases hiding facts. I mean shouldn't news networks be a bit more responsible in reporting?

For example there is a program by the name of O'rielly Factor. I watching his program where he was continuously stressing that all terrorists are muslims. I mean come on ?? I know what he feels but it seems that this news network is on a mission to somehow create hatred between muslims and the rest of the world. There is simply NO global touch like the other networks.

Just wanted your views on this...Fox news does a good job on certain other aspects but sometimes it seems that they act childish or are paid to act arrogant

Fox News is no more conservative than CNN is democratic. Both networks tend to be slanted a little bit, but only a little bit mind you. It seems that democrats like to have a network to complain about as do the republicans. And as to hiding facts, I doubt that there are any networks that don't hide facts occasionally.

Also, most terrorists do tend to be muslim..... Thats not to say that there aren't terrorists that aren't muslim, but still. I doubt that they are trying to create hatred between muslims and the rest of the world.

As to their childish and arrogant attitude, you probably just don't like it because they have a slightly republican slant and you are a democrat. Being an independent myself, I find Fox News pretty humorous and entertaining most of the time.

Maybe most terroists (though I have never seen any figures) being Muslim is actually an indication that the people with the most problems in life are Muslim (or should I say the biggest problems).

Anyway...I would like to see your figures.

Simon

Re: Fox News - Making us NEO-CONS?

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    Hi,

Just want a healthy debate on this issue. I have noticed over couple of years that Fox News channel is strictly anti democrat and most of their news and discussion programs virtually preach their conservative values as if they are on a mission to change the minds of the people. No matter how wrong the government is doing they are always on their side and in most cases hiding facts. I mean shouldn't news networks be a bit more responsible in reporting?

For example there is a program by the name of O'rielly Factor. I watching his program where he was continuously stressing that all terrorists are muslims. I mean come on ?? I know what he feels but it seems that this news network is on a mission to somehow create hatred between muslims and the rest of the world. There is simply NO global touch like the other networks.

Just wanted your views on this...Fox news does a good job on certain other aspects but sometimes it seems that they act childish or are paid to act arrogant

lol - now you all finally have one to complain about - the conservatives have had to deal with this abuse for a long time with all the other networks - stinks doesnt it. lol

I guess its about time the other side agot a proponent.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

FAUX News.

and.....

Originally posted by timechange.com
    FAUX News.
    the Communist News Network
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Re: and.....

Originally posted by sailor
    the Communist News Network
    Clinton News Network...

CNN pisses me the hell off though because all they ever show lately is 1) depressing things about the war in Iraq (allbeit war is a bit depressing but...) and 2) Positive things for Kerry..

Least Fox News shows some of the other side, granted sometimes it's slanted.

O'Rielly is just like any other 'raging journalist' such as Michael Savage, Limbaugh, Michael Moore, Andy Rooney, etc.. Just screaming for attention..
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Conservative Americans have no clue what communism is all about. But they sure love fascist, old-era, bible-thumbing, holier-than-thou, gun-totting, NRA-loving, freedom-of-speech-blocking networks.

FAUX News.
    Atleast it provides for some funny stuff with the daily show with Jon Stewart.

CNN is a bit better, atleast they don't have much opinion pieces. I'm talking about CNN europe though, CNN US sucks more than the european one from what i've seen last year.

I usually watch BBC world in the international news channels categroy, atleast they don't have to please the advertisers first like the rest of commercial crap.

The original post almost reads like a troll, but I'll play:

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    Just want a healthy debate on this issue. I have noticed over couple of years that Fox News channel is strictly anti democrat and most of their news and discussion programs virtually preach their conservative values as if they are on a mission to change the minds of the people.
    While it's no secret that the Fox news channel as a whole has a conservative bent, calling them 'anti-democrat" is unfair and highly inaccurate. Yes, there is Sean Hannity, that incredibly arrogant and tremendously unlikable windbag and quite possibly the biggest republican apologist currently walking the face of the earth, who wears his strong anti-liberal sentiment like a badge of honor. BUT, but he is on a point-counterpoint type program, paired up against a liberal democrat in the form of Alan Colmes. In that setting, Hannity's strong views are appropriate.

However, there are John Gibson, Greta van Susteren, Britt Hume, that freak-on-wheels Shepard Smith, Neil Cavuto, etc....surely you're not trying to paint them with the same "anti-democrat" brush?

No matter how wrong the government is doing they are always on their side
    That is absolutely untrue. Perhaps you missed Bill O'reilly blasting the Bush administration (Tenet, Powell, and Rumsfeld in particular) last night over their handling of the current Iraq situation.

and in most cases hiding facts.
    Cite, please.

For example there is a program by the name of O'rielly Factor. I watching his program where he was continuously stressing that all terrorists are muslims.
    Maybe you misunderstood him, but I can promise you he didn't say "all terrorists are muslims". He wouldnt. A) because he doesn't believe that, and B) because it would take an ignorant, uneducated person, which O'reilly isn't, to make a statement like that.

-B
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Conservative Americans have no clue what communism is all about. But they sure love fascist, old-era, bible-thumbing, holier-than-thou, gun-totting, NRA-loving, freedom-of-speech-blocking networks.
    I seriously doubt that. Not only is your post 100% opinion based (as no statistics could really back that up) it is a bit judgemental. Communism has failed for so many countries (And is continuing to do so)...But that's beyond the scope of this thread...

I love the NRA by the way.....
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

timechange.com, let me guess, your a loud mouthed democrat who likes to get angry a lot.

Originally posted by freescr
    timechange.com, let me guess, your a loud mouthed democrat who likes to get angry a lot.
    He immigrated from Greece if I remember right...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Fox having a conservative bent is an understatement. Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox is a well known strong conservative. And O'Reilly says he is an independant all the time, but he is a registered republican and has been his whole life.

People intersted in this sould read "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" by Al Franken. The book is pretty funny and the interesting thing about it is the book was created by a team of student researchers in Harvard who documented and researched the quotes and facts made by people in the media.

Now this book is definitely liberal (I won't lie), but it is pretty funny and good for the Conservatives who like to keep an open mind on things.
    Last edited by alvinks; 04-22-2004 at 12:28 PM.
    Alvin

FAUX News.
    Wasn't that term coined by Tim Robbins, the guy who was whining because his opinions on the Bush whitehouse and the Iraq war were unpopular.

Sez TR in a a letter to the Baseball hall of fame, after they cancelled a planned anniversary celebration of his movie "Bull Durham":

"You invoke patriotism and use words like “freedom” in an attempt to intimidate and bully. In doing so, you dishonor the words “patriotism” and “freedom” and dishonor the men and women who have fought wars to keep this nation a place where one can freely express their opinions without fear of reprisal or punishment"

What a maroon. The first amendment guarantees us freedom of speech without fear of governmental reprisal or punishment. There is no guarantee that said speech will be viewed favorably by the general public.

Nevermind that "faux" is pronounced "foe".

-B

Lets keep the post no "name calling" and keep it clean.

Though what you mean by
    NRA-loving
    ?

Originally posted by freescr
    Angry? Far from it. Voicing my opinion, yes. My political views and opinions are liberal.

You neocons need to lighten up. Right-wing brainwashing has damaged this country quite a bit.

You neocons need to lighten up. Right-wing brainwashing has damaged this country quite a bit.

Sorry, but what you mean by brainwashing? My father and mother are both republicans, and far from "Brainwashing".

What I mean is this:

Sticking to a political party and voting for it without seeing that its candidate is incompetent, unable to deliver what he promised, ruins the environment, restricts civil rights, spreads misinformation, supports nepotism and has a dangerous foreign policy - all that is brainwashing.

What I mean is this:

Sticking to a political party and voting for it without seeing that its candidate is incompetent, unable to deliver what he promised, ruins the environment, restricts civil rights, spreads misinformation, supports nepotism and has a dangerous foreign policy - all that is brainwashing.
    I think "blind faith" would be a more appropriate and accurate description of the mindset of those who stick to the party line no matter what.

-B

Originally posted by alvinks
    Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox is a well known strong conservative.
    True. There are varying degrees of conservatism though, which IMO are well-represented by the different personalities FNC employs and the programs those personalities present. If you take the aforementioned Hannity out of the picture, I justy don't see the ultra right-wing programming that FNC is often accused of.

As for O'reilly, I'd really consider him a hard-line traditionalist above anything else, although it could be argued that "tradionalist" and "conservative republican" ideologies are not all that far apart.

And O'Reilly says he is an independant all the time, but he is a registered republican and has been his whole life.
    He was up until a few years ago, but has been registered as an independant since 2000 or so (just reading up on this now, as this is something I never looked into before),

People intersted in this sould read "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" by Al Franken. The book is pretty funny and the interesting thing about it is the book was created by a team of student researchers in Harvard who documented and researched the quotes and facts made by people in the media.
    I don't like Al Franken. There was a time when I did, back when he was still a young witty counterculture comedian, and well before he morphed into the seemingly bitter political pundit he is now. Still and all, his book is on my "to read" list for the simple reason that if I'm going to talk about this stuff, I should know what's going on. I'll withold any further opinion of Franken, as well as any comments on his student research staff being selected from the notoriously liberal Harvard, until then.

-B
    Last edited by TMX; 04-22-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Errm...what's exactly wrong with the NRA? BTW, I'm sure a lot of people here are members of it.

What's wrong with owning a gun legally since you said "gun-totting"?
    TradeViceroy

lol

of course you know that the completeness of including all conservative americans to be an absolute in 2 statements makes your stament wrong. so are we to conclude you nothing about conservative americans in general?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

I own alot of guns (wont post the amount on here), but I will always keep my guns no matter what anyone says. As well I am part of the NRA plus my whole family is.

Fox News is good for a part of the US citizens. For the rest of the world it's just the bad face of the USA. I vote O'Reilly as the next Pope. Wrong... Vatican is much more modern than O'Reilly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast