* Seeking employment

About me :
    G'day everyone

I'm currently self employed and seeking a full time position in either of these areas:

• PC Support / Repair based at a webhosting company or any company in the UK OR the USA (If sponsorship would be possible)
    • Remote Technician, answering support tickets and queries in a forum
    • Forum Administration / moderation and/or Installation

I've been a computer technician for most of my early years (i'm 23) and have had alot of experience covering many operating systems (Mostly Microsoft) and have dealt with customers over the phone and via email.

I've worked for roughly 8 years in the computer support area and am now looking to either branch out into webhosting, or to get a new, fulltime job in PC/Computer support.

I've had a fair amount of experience with web hosting
    I host websites for clients in America and friends at home (England) on my home connection (2nd pc)
    I also have various websites (mostly bulletin boards) setup and hosted on a friends server.
    I've had ALOT of experience administrating and moderating bulletin boards and have a TON of references to hand from people who've dealt with me over the internet I.E - Cash transactions and situations involving high levels of trust (More details available on request)

I pride myself on being a hard worker, trustworthy and having great attention to detail, not to mention having a great attitude with customers.

References and a CV/Resume can be provided on request.

The only complication would be that I live in the UK
    It's been my dream for a long time to work from home and I hope someone out there will give me the chance to live it
    I'd also be more than happy to work for a trial period UNpaid, to prove that I can do the job.

I'd like a BASE rate of pay per week, so a minimum pay plus possible bonuses for excellent work or number of queries answered satisfactorily.

I've had one offer of employment so far, but it was only on a per ticket basis, plus working at night time (USA nighttime), so the pay wouldn't have been really good.

Ideally i'd like to work towards eventually moving to the USA to work full time.

I'm currently working voluntarily for a friend trying to help him get his webhosting business up and running, but he's not in a financial position to start hiring paid employees as of yet.

Current websites I own and Administrate

Current websites I administrate/manage

Current websits I moderate
    Last edited by AdamD; 04-22-2004 at 05:02 AM.

Do you have any expierience with PHP, Apache, etc? You say you answered support tickets... but for what nature?
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

Both, yes
    I haven't answered support tickets, it's one of the areas i'm looking to work in.
    I have done helpdesk related work before though, when I used to be a support technician at my local hospital.