moving from italy to USA

first let me say that almost all my clients are here in Italy, my server usually have a trafic of 90GB per month and i use a bandwidth of 800kbits. i am thinking to move my server to the united state, to .

do you think my costumer will notices?? should i keep my server in europe?? if so why ?

i know this questions is kind of lame, but i want be extra sure that i wont have any problems.

thanks in advance!!!

They will probably notice, slightly slower response times (ping times will be higher). However if you choose a host with good connections it should be minimal.

The price difference between european bandwidth and american is huge though. I could never go back to hosting in Denmark, it costs extreme amounts of cash.

yes bandwidth here cost a lot of money, that's why i'm moving

do you know something about

thanks for your replay

>do you know something about

But try and do a search on this board. You will certainly find something :-)

Since you are new on these boards I might point you here for great offers:

Of course not all those providers are all good, but some are great and very good price. (ie. servermatrix)

I currently have a couple servers with serverbeach and so far I have had little problem with them. They seem to have a steady network and minimal downtime. I don't believe any of my servers there have been down due to something outside of my control.

I would recommend them for a VA host, however I have not done a whole lot of shopping on the East coast.

ok thanks. i'm a new at this. but not to unix, i dont need control panels, so should i go to serverbeach free setup or to servermatrix $130 fee for setup??

ps what do you mean with VA host ?

VA stands for Virginia. Virginia is an eastern state in the US.

520 in Asburn VA would be a good choice

go to serverbeach free setup or to servermatrix $130 fee for setup??
    I think that set up fees are not a good deal. You can find a lot of good hosts that don't bill for set up. So try to make search.

Moving from Italy will make slow your website.

Try to consider a dedicated server in Italy at

They offer Italian support and good prices.

Darmstadt, Germany
    They don't list any prices on their website... looks strange to me?!
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

If your clients are hosting websites with plain html pages, php, javascript, etc... then they will probably *not* notice any difference. If they have game servers, or intense downloads (large flash animations, etc...) then they will notice a slight latency with the slower ping times.

We host many european sites, and most of our overseas clients say the sites are fast.

- John C.

I host my italian customers on servers in USA and my custumers don't have any problem with it, most of my italian customers have high graphic intensive sites I never receive any complaint about speed.

Our users are 95% the UK based - we had servers in a couple of UK datacentres and a while ago moved everything to ThePlanet.

We have never had a single complaint about things being slower, however we did have had lots of praise on it being faster and hugely more reliable !

Admitted we weren't in the best UK datacentres (were in one in Bradford and the Vibus one in Ireland) but it was the best move we ever made.
    Invectis - Windows 2000, 2003 and MS SQL Server web hosting

If you want to move from Italy because of prices take a look to some interesting European offers (less problems with ping and speed for Italian customers) like for example:

- (Holland, fast support, good prices)
    - (France, slow support, but better prices on high bandwidth)

I've received a good offer from the Italian Ondatech (they're quite known / active on this forum) but it's very strange how their site is up with template-style texts ("Lorem ipsum..." etc) and with no prices. Maybe you should contact them by mail, if you trust this strange situation.