Thread: .fr reseller?

.fr reseller?

Hi

We're looking for a .fr reseller with reasonable pricing. Does anybody have any recommendations?
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

.fr requires local presence in france to register it.

check www.register.it might help
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Re: .fr reseller?

Originally posted by blacknight
    Hi

We're looking for a .fr reseller with reasonable pricing. Does anybody have any recommendations?
    Yep stick your money on a lottery ticket you have more chance of success. France is one of these countries that has a ccTLD but doesn't want anyone to own one or at least makes it so difficult that nobody bothers.

Sorry for being so pessamistic but i think you will really struggle with this one
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Re: Re: .fr reseller?

Originally posted by Goldwing
    Yep stick your money on a lottery ticket you have more chance of success. France is one of these countries that has a ccTLD but doesn't want anyone to own one or at least makes it so difficult that nobody bothers.

Sorry for being so pessamistic but i think you will really struggle with this one
    Thanks for your "concern". I wasn't asking about the rules and regulations. I was asking about pricing. That is all.
    Blacknight

It was meant to be a tongue in cheek post.

You may well be aware that France is relaxing ?? their registration criteria starting next month but may be some time before the full facilities are available. At this time I am unaware of any company offering reseller pricing on .fr domains if you do manage to find one post it here - please!

For French registry agents go to http://www.afnic.fr/obtenir/prestataires
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Sorry Goldwing - I thought it was more of a smart *** post

I have come across one company that offers them at a "reasonable" price, but they don't seem to have any reseller type system.

Tuonome Group aren't very helpful ... We use them for some EU ccTLDs, but they don't seem to be able to offer the full range to resellers that they can offer to the public, which is a pity.
    Blacknight

The most cheaper I know is OVH at http://www.ovh.com/fr/domaine/

The price is 20, and you can register via mail template.

David.

Originally posted by dgaussin
    The most cheaper I know is OVH at http://www.ovh.com/fr/domaine/

The price is 20, and you can register via mail template.

David.
    Excellent
    Do they offer a reseller interface?
    Blacknight

I don't think. I couldn't see any reseller offer.

And I couldn't find any reseller account to register .fr

David.

ovh.com is icann accredit registrar they surely have some reseller program, not sure if it support ccTLDs they offer like .fr but you can contact them and ask
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Originally posted by Bashar
    ovh.com is icann accredit registrar they surely have some reseller program, not sure if it support ccTLDs they offer like .fr but you can contact them and ask
    They seem to offer a reseller type system for CNO, but there is no reduction of .fr .. .. No matter. The price is good all the same
    Blacknight

they allow non-french people without local presence to register .fr domains?

Originally posted by Bashar
    they allow non-french people without local presence to register .fr domains?
    No.
    The rules have been relaxed, but the local presence rule still remains.
    Blacknight