Thread: catalyst2

I signed for a reseller account at this month - a bit expensive compared to the rest of the market, but I'm spreading my assets around.

Anyway, I had problems logging in - it may have been a nameserver issue, so I made sure I re-registered my nameservers at 123-reg.

I get back to the account after a week or so to find I still can't log in to the default WHM secure port. Couldn't log into the suggested server log in with the URL either.

Anyway, I re-enter their ticketing system - and it doesn't even seem to be set up right. They're using Kayako eSupport 2.1.7 - but the links to follow up the progress of your tickets isn't working. No reply to tickets either.

So I can't check on individual tickets, and I have to send new tickets to reply to original tickets.

Their replies deny a problem, request more information, then confuse my domain name (so no wonder there's no internic record of it).

Situation so far: they're not sure what domain I'm using (despite my telling them), they have no idea what's going on with the DNS and nameservers, I just got a small flood of copies of old support tickets - it seems they've finally switched their support system back on. But all tickets now closed.

I have to say I'm pretty appalled - what host doesn't even bother to check that their support system is set up correctly? Can't vouch much for the support either - they seemed to have even less idea of what was happening than I. Pretty poor experience overall.

Anyway - I'd included catalyst2 in lists of hosts with UK based servers - this is just to report that I certainly wouldn't recommend them at all - certainly not for reseller accounts at the very least.

I sent a polite request for a cancellation of service this morning, along with a full refund. I should hope that they respect that enough to prevent my having to ever mention the word "chargeback" to them.

C'est la vie.

I had hell at 123-reg with nameservers. They kept on being reset and had to re propergate which took longer than usual, about 36 hours

I haven't had any problems with 123-reg and nameservers - currently running three other reseller accounts registered through them.

And if *if* there were a problem with 123-reg, I shouldn't have to negotiate my way around an completely improperly set up support system to address that.

Maybe catalyst 2 have better days - I obviously didn't rate my short experience with them.

Hi Brian,

I'm surprised to hear that, Paul (from Catalyst2) seems like a good guy.

Anyway, welcome to Amard

Robert Kerry
    PS: Check out our latest UK Reseller Hosting, Dedicated Server and Colocation offers on our website!

I'm certainly willing to wonder that it wasn't simple a "bad day" for them - the fact that the support system didn't appear properly set up simply confused matters. Aside from that I'm more disappointed now than angry. I have time wasted, and I should have liked to have stayed round with them for something - well recommended hosts with servers in the UK and market prices are not very common.

Not wanting to get into a flame war, just to say that you recieved a full refund under our 30day money back guarantee a few minutes after you requested it.
    Paul Redpath
    catalyst2 (
    UK based windows and linux webhosting, linux vps, dell dedicated servers and co-location in telehouse and redbus.

Above The Clouds
    How come you only show uptime stats of one server in your forum. If you've been in business since "2000", you should have a stack of servers.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

If you look closer at the description i think you will find it states that it is network uptime
    Paul Redpath
    catalyst2 (
    UK based windows and linux webhosting, linux vps, dell dedicated servers and co-location in telehouse and redbus.

No flame War required - catalyst2 did quite refund my money without quibble.

Ah - I *finally* figured out the problem - you don't allow own nameservers to be used by resellers.