1. Only $200 to spend on advertising, how would you spend it?

If you've got only $200 dollars to spend on advertising where would you spend it on?

Newspaper ads? WHT Banner ads? purchase optin list? Featured listing on webhosting directories?
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

To start with...define your target market. $200 is not going to go very far and you need to define a small niche to get yourself some signups. Obviously these signups lead to more revenue to continue your advertising(that the theory anyway)

Newspaper ads....No point...more for branding and usually only bring about results in a longer more expensive campaign.
    WHT Banner Ads....Hate to say it, $200 might last you a couple of hours here.
    Featured listing in webhosting directories...can and do work, but the ones that actually get traffic are going to charge you a pretty penny.

I'd suggest some of the hosting directories where you only pay for signups.... a local mailout camplain......very target google adwords.

Originally posted by Professor
    I'd suggest some of the hosting directories where you only pay for signups....
    Does such excist? Could you show me some examples..? (here or pm)

4. Yeah I never heard of that, interesting though....
    Please post link if anyone here happen to know any

Originally posted by Ei-Hosting
    Does such excist? Could you show me some examples..? (here or pm)
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Tough to say... Ive blown lots of money on ads I thought would work great with very few actual signups.

Gee....excuse my spelling before, thing I need some sleep

The main one I can think of is findmyhosting.com. Others will come to me and I will post them later.

Triple Story Cardboard Box in the land down under
    start an affiliate program, that way you'll only pay for signups.
    Web Hosting Jury - over 4000 hosting USER reviews
    Love Your Host? Hate Your Host? - Submit a review

I'd probably go with Google AdWords. The key is spending the time to find effective keywords and mispells that will work for low bids.

$200? Leave it in the bank to gain a bit of interest. That kind of money will o nowhere in regard to advertising.

At best, spend $40 or so on flyers and paste them up in your local area.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Get it on the express route to search engines lol

Get a banner from Coffeee....they offer pretty low cost..contact him~

Then go search for FORUMs....that LOCATES inside your server...*customers* to advertise YOUR business~ PAID them! Well, ofcourse they probably sell you cheap...cos their visitors are not as high as WHT.

DO NOT GO FOR ANY PLACES THAT ACT A LOT OF VISITORS...! I GOT TRICKED NOT LONG AGO! they act professional website but their website never update! NEVER!

12. Tried adwords,

They don't work for me. Don't get that much signup from it despite spending an awful lot of time in the adwords strategy.
    Originally posted by b.m.2
    I'd probably go with Google AdWords. The key is spending the time to find effective keywords and mispells that will work for low bids.