Wholesale Internet Scheduled Maintence

Hello,

As all of you know. We had a scheduled maintence window on Monday, April 19th. This window was intended to allow us to replace our overburdened core router with a new one.

Unfortunately we encountered issues durring the migration and had to abort, returning the network to it's origional state.

Over the last couple days, internal and external engineers have completely redesigned our entire network infrastructure from the ground up. The result is a clean, stable, redundant and highly scalable infrastructure built in parallel with our current network.

The final stage of the cut-over will happen Friday night between 7pm and 9pm US central time. At this time multiple engineers from Wholesale Internet, Cisco and Lucent will be on hand to insure a smooth transfer. The course of events are as follows:

1. Current core routers will be taken off-line and the new routers will be brought up. BGP route integrity will be verified.

2. All current customers on the 69.30.X.X blocks will be moved to the new switches and placed in thier VLANS. Inter-VLAN routing will be verified.

3. Current Customers who are still using Williams IP's (69.44.X.X, 65.77.X.X) will be placed on the new migration switches and brought back online. (This outage does not affect customers still using Cogent blocks - 66.28.X.X)

4. Final testing and verification.

5. Removal of old infrastructure.

Durring this time you will experience two instances of downtime both lasting from 10-30 minutes. We would ask that you refrain from paging, calling or submitting support e-mails durring this time as we need all our support people assisting with this migration.

Again we would like to thank you for your patience. We understand a few of you have been experiencing some latency issues and these are related to the current router. If after Friday you continue to have issues, we will deal with them on an individule basis.

Sincerely,

Wholesale Internet Support

I have a server with you on 69.30.192.xx that I've been trying to use it as a remote monitoring server and it's been unreachable for a day or so now, thought it might be due to this maintenance but I'm not seeing any other downtime reports so I'm guessing the server itself is crashed.

I tried to login to modernbill to open a ticket but that timed out for me also so I figured I'd ask here.

I also have a monitoring server there and it went down for the maintenance but didn't come back up until 7 hours after the scheduled maintenance was to be over (scheduled to end at 9pm, came up after 4 am). I sent a email in after 3 hours but never got a response to that...but the wholesaleinternet address was also down so I expected that...even though it didn't get returned as it normally would with an unresolving address.

Any word on this? I sent an email this morning about that server, is it crashed or the network segment down or something else?

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Any word on this? I sent an email this morning about that server, is it crashed or the network segment down or something else?
    The server was rebooted and placed on a different network segment. In the future, please send all service issues to [email protected] as we might not check the forums all the time and it might delay your resolution.

Aaron