Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by binaris

Right now the majority of former Eryxma clients should be online,
    Well I am certainly not on line and haven't been all day

What he said. I've missed a number of important emails and am pretty much at the end of my rope. I'd just like to collect all the mail that's supposedly been queuing up somewhere all week and then I'm gone.

It looks like Glexicon's home page and forums are back on line. Hopefully everyone else's is to.

Unhappy

No. My sites or email are not on line. Haven't been all day

None of my sites or email are online either.

Not sure whether I canged my DNS to the correct numbers

Hi

OK -- my site's down too. But I changed the DNS numbers, and am not sure whether that's the problem (I doubt it).

Does anyone know what they should be? Or maybe someone has got theirs to work?

I think (although can't remember) that I was on a VPS.

Thanks

my site's down too.

Originally posted by mikmik

Hint: I'm using a dyndns provider to point at glexicon when it works and my broadband ip when it doesn't - that way I only have to wait 5 minutes or so to switch over.
    How did you do this? I have been thinking about using the home systems for backup purposes also. The only thing I could come up with is to use 2 hosting providers and mirror the files and dbs every so often. This would still cause an 8 to 24 hour window if one went down to propagate dns. After using flashhosting and getting burned (I had it coming) I thought Eryxma would stabalize my web site and then after 4 months! arrrgh!! It took me a month to get that VPS just right.
    Last edited by jengelha; 04-23-2004 at 09:33 AM.

If you're using something like zoneedit.com to do your DNS, then it works something like this:

• You go to zoneedit and specify through their interface the IP address of your server at Glexicon
    • Everytime you add a subdomain or an addon, or something like that, you go to zoneedit and make the addition there as well
    • Then if you need to move from Glexicon to your backup, you go to zoneedit and make the change to point to your backup server. You leave the settings at your domain registar alone

Changing where your registar points is what takes a long time to propogate. That setting says something like "this is who you should ask for IP address infor for my domain?"

Making a change at zone edit will be reflected very quickly. This setting is the answer to "OK, my registar said that I should ask zoneedit about my domain. Zone edit, what is the IP address for my domain?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12