Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who is best NOW?: ServerMatrix, Nocster, Managed

Lets figure out who is really really the best between ServerMatrix, BurstNET(Nocster), Managed.com. We all know of these provider's pasts. We know ServerMatrix has a near perfect record. BurstNET/Nocster Had some ping loss problems that have been clear for 2 months now. And Managed.com Had Problems a few months ago.

Well who is the best NOW??

What I know so far:

ServerMatrix has awesome support, and now offeres cPanel FREE! Hardware on servers is good, and I believe you can get a second hard drive free with your server if you use promo code WHT.

BurstNET has awesome prices (ESPESCIALLY through resellers), OK support. I dont know about their hardware, but my suspicisons point to them being pretty good for hardware.

Managed.com had issues in the past, that results in them being slammed everytime someone even says managed.com on this forum. The issues according to other posts have been clear since Feb 20-Something, 2004.

Now heres the "catch", lets compare all of these assuming you either had enough linux knowledge to confidenty manage the server yourself OR you hired someone else to do the management of the server for you. So, calls to support for each company should be for urgent issues only (like hardware replacement).

Just to make it fair, please don't post an experience if you are not a current customer. Also, when comparing please give reasons why.

Let the 'showdown' begin.

1st: Dinix
    2nd: Gnax
    3rd: SM

Out of most dcs

Out of what you post:

1st: SM
    2nd: Burst
    3rd: Managed - would not even consider....

1st: SM
    2nd: Nocster
    No experience with Managed.com
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

I was afraid this would happen. Can we please judge based on how the host is doing this month not in the past? I guess its hard to forgive a company for their dark times, I don't blame them.

BurstNET / nocster
    hm what should I put in my sig?

best price: managed
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

Originally posted by z280 Hosting
    I was afraid this would happen. Can we please judge based on how the host is doing this month not in the past? I guess its hard to forgive a company for their dark times, I don't blame them.
    Who is the best now.. You have to look at them. Managed.Com still has horrible support and the network is unstable. Also i have a few friends who had servers reformated unknowen - and -cpanel invaid.

SM network has been perfect for the last few months only 1 major downtime which was like 2 hours and thats all.

Burst/Nocster has been great network isnt as good as SM. Prices are a great. Just i like SM better

I would not even consider managed.com for hosting anything.

SuperbServers, Nocster, ServerMatrix all very good choices.

Managed.com is cheapest and their support is Improved.

Well when you are doing hosting cheapest shouldn't affect your choice. Managed.Com - Due to the past has proven it network unstable. Downtime happens every 2-3 months and after them are after downtime shocks.

Originally posted by crspyjohn
    Who is the best now.. You have to look at them. Managed.Com still has horrible support and the network is unstable. Also i have a few friends who had servers reformated unknowen - and -cpanel invaid.
    that's why, i wonder how managed.com managed their support ticket? they don't verify if the ticket is sent from their customer.

i used to use my other email address to send a ticket ask for reformat my HDD, the only information i gave them was my server IP and my intruction on how to refortmat.

they did reformat my HDD, but then let's say i konw your server IP, and email managed to refortmat, they will do it and charge you 50 dollars!

...this is very unsafe, it's scary.

Yes it is I use to work for a big managed.com reseller and i request reformats under a unknowen email and had it process lol

You can't go wrong with Servermatrix.

Rock solid network, and great customer service.

You can go wrong even with ServerMatrix! :-)

Originally posted by crspyjohn
    Yes it is I use to work for a big managed.com reseller and i request reformats under a unknowen email and had it process lol
    managed.com must know this issue, i wonder why they dont do sth.

servermatrix is on top of that list.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

What about Nocster? Is hosting with them good? I mean is their network good enough to get good ping times on under-loaded servers? How is their support _when you have a third party manage and monitor your server_? (So basically how is their support when you need a hardware replacement?)

I know 3 were mentioned as the "best" but why is ev1 not mentioned if Managed is?

IMO for a stable network, price, hardware & support all accounted for you'd get:

1) SM
    2) EV1

These 3 providers are quite different from each other.

Managed.com uses very high quality hardware in 1U servers, SM uses white boxes from no where? BurstNET has deals with dell and uses other boxes from no where? ServerMatrix has the largest and best network of the three. Managed.com is located in a high quality and top name AboveNET datacenter. BurstNET is located in the middle of no where with only one single transport line (although plans to add more). BurstNET uses cogent, verio and XO. Verio is strong, XO is "OK" and cogent is crappy. ServerMatrix has no cogent, same with managed.com. Nocster has the cheapest pricing depending on what you're ordering, managed.com has cheaper pricing on low end servers. ServerMatrix is still cheap, but not as cheap and has $49-$99 setup fees. BurstNET has the best support out of the three, and one of the best support teams in the industry, even though they offer unmanaged services. ServerMatrix does support much and does not have a very helpful support team. Managed.com's support is...non-existant? ServerMatrix and BurstNET both support hardware upgrades very well with reality pricing. Managed.com charges a crazy amount like $200 per 512 MB RAM. ServerMatrix has somebody able to answer the phone 24/7 and in fact have an SLA that says they'll answer within 2 rings 24/7. Managed.com rarely answers the phone, and when they do, are very unhelpful. BurstNET occasionally has people answer, not as much as SM but much more than managed. The best support from burst is their ticketing. SM offers an awesome system for ticketing, billing and help called Orbit. BurstNET has a separate billing system, separate ticket system and no monitoring, even though orbit monitors your server 24/7 with ping and MRTG's. Managed.com has nothing, their billing is done by paypal invoices or automatic credit card payments. There's no support system, you just e-mail support and there is no monitoring or pro active escalation service. So price means just a little bit more in these cases. I'd say ServerMatrix - #1, BurstNET - #2, Managed.com - #3.

Hope that helped hehe

Originally posted by RaineTech
    These 3 providers are quite different from each other.

<<snip>>

Hope that helped hehe
    Good review!

I've never had a server with BurstNET, but have servers with both SM (TP) and Managed and would have to list them as SM #1 and Managed #2.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I was afraid this would happen. Can we please judge based on how the host is doing this month not in the past?
    You can't do that, because you have to take into consideration what caused the past problems, and then look to see if the cause has been addressed. If not, then the problems of the past are going to keep cropping up.

-B
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

well i have had a server in the planets dc where servermatrix is located , Excellent server and network.

Have a server with managed through angelnetworkz no problems to report but i dont use alot only around 20 something accounts on it.

I resell for burst.

so with that siad.

#1 SM - what can i say awesome network counts.

#2 burst - great deal for the money and i call at 430am est and they answer support is A++++

#3 managed.com - cant say anything bad except they dont offer a reseller program I like the server i got there
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1

Can I assume that all this praise for Server Matrix also applies to Theplanet.com? Same company, same people, same good service?

Re: Who is best NOW?: ServerMatrix, Nocster, Managed

ServerMatrix has awesome support, and now offeres cPanel FREE! Hardware on servers is good, and I believe you can get a second hard drive free with your server if you use promo code WHT.
    It still show's as $20/month on the order form? Looks like I'll be email their sales about this. Free cpanel and extra drive = I'll be ordering a new server today!

I've heard some good things about dinix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast