Registering as an LLC

Hello all

I know this thread has been posted countless times and I apologize for that.

I'm based in the UK and I need to know the best place to go about registering my company as an LLC. I'd rather do this through mail/forms/website etc rather than solicitors as I have little spare time for that right now.

Any links are appreciated

Regards,
    Chris

I could go for a write-up on how to do this too
    hm what should I put in my sig?

If your in the UK you should get an LTD or PLC.

www.companystartupkit.com

Forms a UK LLC (known as a LTD company). Only 70+vat, and its a good service. Can't go wrong with it

Actually, a UK Ltd company is more on par with a Corporation in the US in terms of tax, officers/members, and the more 'formal' way in which business is conducted.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Even although you can file for as little as 70 + VAT, as tickedon pointed out. There is far more to it than that. You will have to file documents such as your annual accounts and annual return, regardless of whether you are actually trading or not.

If you are looking to form a UK Private Limited Company I would advise you consult with an accountant, as they will be able to assist with all the paper work.

Matt also makes a valid point, a UK Private Limited Company is far more in line with "Incorporated" or "Corporation" in the United States.

Chris
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost