Angry Register.com down with services!!

Hi Friends,

I am highly frustrated with the kind of service register.com is providing since last one year.

I have been registering domains with them since 1998 and now it is over 50 domains which i have purchased from them.
    I have been happily renewing all the domains of mine every year through their site.

Dunno what came over to them, they are not renewing any of the domains this year. Their whole system seems battered and nonfunctional.

I have lost the passwords of my domains which i registered through them:

dolargold.com
    relationsgroup.com
    cosmicexports.com

when i go and try to get the password through the site with the following url :
    http://mydomain.register.com/forget_password.cgi

what is see is the domains are all invalid and is not available in their database.
    whereas when i go and check in the whois :www.checkdomain.com,
    i find that the registrar is still register.com

They dont respond to mails other then the automated response which holds no information about the renewal.
    When made a phone call, they are not able to provide any information on renewals.

if i try to transfer my domain to any other registrar like enom.com, they say that its is been blocked by the registrar. But how could they do so when they are not responding to the mails of renewal. I start sending them mails from the aministrative contact of the domain(which has to be renewed) from one month before the expiry of the domain and keep mailing till one month after the domain expires(sometimes i call too) but all in vain.

I dont see why arent they responding to the emails and renewing the domain when i am ready to pay them.Atleast i need to be informed about the process of payments.If that has to be done through any reseller , i should be informed about that and not harassed.

I have been loosing client due to this ill practice. could anyone help me out of this.

Ankita

Yes the password reminder is not working at all
    You must worry about dolargold.com (Expires: 2004-04-24 ) others will expire in 2005 , You must contact them , if email and phone are not working then fax them , if they don't reply with 5 days report them to ICANN , and indicate a copy of your emails / faxes
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

Transfer away to a better and more affordable registrar. There are plenty to choose from.
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    Transfer away to a better and more affordable registrar. There are plenty to choose from.
    Domain is locked , and he forgot his PW , and the PW reminder is not working so can't remove the lock
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

I have had my fair share of bad experience with Register.com/NameBargain, and I'll never register another domain with them again.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

he can reset his pssword via email and even change his email via credit card number if email is lost.

then just move away.

i just moved an expired domain from register.com since the registry status was ACTIVE
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

The worst part is that the registrar says that the domain is not in their database and the whois shows that the domain is with the registrar.

Great. Isnt it?

Abhishek
    Submit2Please.com - Submit your site to 500+ SEO friendly directories
    EasySiteEdit.com - Point. Click. Edit. Works with existing site.

dropped and in redepmtion period?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi