Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

best DC for game server

Which NOC can provide best overall pings to continent of US and Canada?

I'm not sure you will exactly find someone giving you the answer for the best as there are many great datacenters all over that provide some incredible pings nationwide.

Maybe if you narrowed down the region in which you were looking you could get some recommendations.
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

How about put it east, central and west region?

Thanks.

wako,

if your east includes canada, i will have to recommend peer1-nyc. they have excellent peering in the american northeast and are, of course, the biggest non-lec/cable player in canada. i have seen 20 ms pings from ontario and similarly excellent latency to broadband subscribers in our neck of the woods. coupled with very strong transit and a performant, fully redundant network, they would be my number one choice. as a disclaimer, i need to mention that we do a lot of business with them.

in the interest of fairness, ns-steve represents a company that has choopa bandwidth in jersey city. choopa, from what i understand, is solid.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

rusko,

yes, i need strong/low ping to eastern canada.
    Does peer1's other DC have good ping to other part of canada as well?
    i want to keep it to no more than 3 NOC to put servers into. possibly a single company to deal with is the best, but if not possible we will see what are the options availab.e

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anyone has other recommendation?

wako,

For the East, I recommend rusko at Peer1. They're solid.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

wako,

peer1 has a very strong network in canada, with datacenters in toronto, montreal and vancouver and a bunch of pops/peering. they started in canada and expanded into the US market, so you are not likely to find another provider as consistently strong both, imho.

their nyc facility is their oldest US facility and is the best-connected one, primarily because they are able to participate in public and private peering here. in terms of east, being in nyc makes the most sense business-wise, since you are tapping the large northeast as well as canadian markets.

test ip: 69.28.242.68

good luck,
    paul

East:
    www.voxel.net
    www.nac.net
    www.burst.net
    Central:
    www.servercentral.net
    www.ev1servers.net (Texas)
    wwww.servermatrix.com (Texas)
    West:
    www.managed.com
    -----
    I know there are many more west providers but I don't know of any

Greg
    hm what should I put in my sig?

CIhost have some great datacenters in LA, Dallas and Chicago IMO. In Chicago they actaully have a dedicated gaming network where no web traffic is allowed. Supposedly its "tuned" for gaming.

Give Joe Cooper a yell over at Peer1.net he will be able to set you up in any of the Peer1 markets from NY to Toronto.

Originally posted by ChaosHosting
    East:
    www.burst.net
    Central:
    www.ev1servers.net (Texas)
    West:
    www.managed.com
    -----
    the above are bad news for gameservers.

paul

I'm still using Coloquest for one of my gaming servers, I tend to get 40-50ms from ab, canada.. and the people i play with from nyc/nj hover around 20-35. It's a good place for cal-m/cal-i people who are looking for a good server to scrim with people across the country (most of east, canada get good ping) then of course there's spry.com in seattle which covers the entire western side of the continent in my opinions.
    I specialize in neck beards
    https://thatshirt.com

oh.. saying west / managed.com (calif), central (texas), east (nyc) that eliminates most of the continent for good ping...

socal servers ping like **** to anything other than people in socal.. god damn stone age wiring down there.
    I specialize in neck beards
    https://thatshirt.com

I'd also have to agree with rusko - Peer1 is great. My friend and I had a server in Peer1-NYC, and their network was rock solid. Also, Peer1's bandwidth is guaranteed by a 100% uptime SLA (exceptions for scheduled/emergency maitenance), which is great to have, especially for gamers.

Rusko has a great reputation around here, so I highly recommend you give him a try.
    John Kata

a western NOC gives worse ping than a nyc NOC to the western Canada?

Originally posted by Wako
    a western NOC gives worse ping than a nyc NOC to the western Canada?
    Shouldnt, but thats not to say that it wouldnt....
    » ReliableServers.com
    » Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VPS
    » 973-849-0535

I'm not into colo myself (so i probably shouldnt post here) but i really want a dedicated server on peer1 in either nyc or toronto (i think montreal is myservernow.com right?)

thx maybe rusko will see this or someone lol
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization

I'd have to enter my vote for Equinix in Ashburn VA. www.equinix.com

Just don't make the mistake of judging a DC on ping alone. There are alot of other things that are more important.. Especially with gaming clients.

X, i was going to say that you beat me to it!
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Originally posted by benoitb
    X, i was going to say that you beat me to it!

Go Tier-1 and sit on the edge like 111 8th/60 Hudson etc if you can't afford Tier1 check out Webair or someone like them. They sit on the edge of the networks are affordable and have been in business long term.

Originally posted by wholesaleip
    Go Tier-1 and sit on the edge like 111 8th/60 Hudson etc if you can't afford Tier1 check out Webair or someone like them. They sit on the edge of the networks are affordable and have been in business long term.
    One day, 60 Hudson is going to catch fire and burn to the ground. No organized generator power or fuel storage.
    Jeff at Innovative Network Concepts / 212-981-0607 x8579 / AIM: jeffsw6
    Expert IP network consultation and operation at affordable rates
    95th Percentile Explained Rate-Limiting on Cisco IOS switches

Originally posted by jaali
    I'm not into colo myself (so i probably shouldnt post here) but i really want a dedicated server on peer1 in either nyc or toronto (i think montreal is myservernow.com right?)

thx maybe rusko will see this or someone lol
    jaali,

i've had my contact information in my signature for a while now and you are most welcome to contact me via any of the methods listed in it =]

paul

Originally posted by wholesaleip
    say what? tier 1 is not always cheaper at smaller commits and definitely not always better. and where the heck were you going with the 'sitting on the edge' thing? please excuse me if i laugh hysterically at this point.

your time is better spent on cold-calling the clueless, tony.

paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast