26. You may not vote on this poll
  • icky

7 26.92%
  • yummy

18 69.23%
  • never tried it

1 3.85%

beer and other assorted alcoholic drinks

i don't like beer, i think it tastes bitter and icky. I like hard liquor alot more than beer.

what do you think?

You can usually tell if someone is young if they dont like beer, I think thats usually right, someone else could prove me wrong.

Beer is "socially acceptable" and to drink it puts you in the "crowd" id say 95% of people drink it because they like it or its the "right thing to do"

All IMHO but I think thats the way it is since my cousin who is 16 didnt like beer when he was 14 but not hes growing older its the "right thing to do"
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

I like beer but not liquor.
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    •• www.apexware.com
    ••• LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    •••• www.rockbottomhosting.com

I don't like alcohol.

I personally like real beer, i am not a fan of lager, leaves me feeling bloated, also gives you a beer belly

A nice real ale or guiness (stout) i find much more enjoyable.

Warm Regards,
    Ben
    Ben Doherty
    Web Development Director
    Orbital Net Ltd - www.orbital.net – Leading UK Internet Solutions Provider
    Hosting | Colocation | Dedicated Servers | National ADSL | Leased Lines | Wireless Broadband

Found a real ale in my local called Dog Bolter, definitely yummy!!!
    For spirits it's got to be Woods Navy Rum

Do I have to choose between beer and liquor?

I like to drink boilermakers. A boilermaker drink consists of a shot of whiskey dropped, glass and all, into a mug of beer. Then you throw it all back at once.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Ewwwwww Vito! way to spoil a good beer

Used to drink beer in my youth, but am not that fond of it anymore. Give me a good Canadian Whiskey any day of the week though.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by akashik
    ...Give me a good Canadian Whiskey ...
    ...in a shot glass in a mug o' beer.

Jan after a couple, you won't even notice the taste.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Big fan of beer, love sitting down the watch the Football or baseball with a Stella or Fosters in my hand!

If I go out then I am more likely to drink something stronger simply because being out I know I will drink more and beer in large doses, while not getting me too drunk, just the amount of air in it doesn't do my insides any good.
    Steve

I prefer spirits, I don't drink otherwise ...
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Big fan of beer, love sitting down the watch the Football or baseball with a Stella or Fosters in my hand!
    You can't beat a good Stella, have taken recently to Foster when going easy, espcially where they have the new head tap and serve it in a nice Foster's pint glass with the name emboss vertically on the pint, very nice! (its seems the marketing works)
    MattF - Since the start..

i never liked beer, its really bad tasting. i dont really care for liquor either. Wine is good tho.
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Originally posted by vito
    I like to drink boilermakers. A boilermaker drink consists of a shot of whiskey dropped, glass and all, into a mug of beer. Then you throw it all back at once.
    I'm not really into boilermakers, but some friends and I do go occasionally for something similar: the Irish carbomb. Same idea: a shot, half Jameson Irish Whisky and half Bailey's Irish Creme, dropped into a pint glass of Guinness... and similarly thrown back quickly -- in our case in competition. First person to put the empy pint down on the bar gets all the glory; last person buys the round.

Usually, though, I'll have the Guinness by itself. Other than that I drink Becks because it's one of the handful of beers that I like that's easy to get in all of the bars around here, and I'm with Matt on the Stella Artois... Spaten is another favorite.

Anyway the real answer to the poll question is that some beer is yummy, and some beer is icky.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I like all alcohal. Just mix it all in and I will drink it. One thing I do not like are ones that have a sweet taste to it like goldschlager. You might as well be downing NyQuil.
    Alvin

I have never tried alcohol, and unless I have a very good reason to, I probably never will.

Alcohol is a poison. The toxicity of it is regardless. I just don't think that knowingly and willingly ingesting a poisonous substance is an intelligible thing to do.

Originally posted by JYC
    I have never tried alcohol, and unless I have a very good reason to, I probably never will.

Alcohol is a poison. The toxicity of it is regardless. I just don't think that knowingly and willingly ingesting a poisonous substance is an intelligible thing to do.

While downing a bottle of vodka is obviously not going to help anyone, there is medical research that shows that drinking moderate amounts of alcohol, and red wine in particular, does actually help you. For example in many European countries, such as Spain, where a lot of red wine is made, and drunk from an early age, the cases of heart disease are lower than many other places around the world.
    Steve

That's fair enough, going with your way of thought: do you refrain from hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated oil and other toxic ingredients? Anyways, my point being, you'll consume many toxic ingredients in any given day, alcohol in moderation, is not necessarily more toxic than the other toxicities you are likely to consume.
    MattF - Since the start..

I don't like beer, I prefer stronger drinks like malibu or pisang ambon or tequila

Ok I said I don't like liquor..but I do like Malibu.
    •• www.apexware.com

hmmmm beer

Shiner Bock!
    •• www.apexware.com