Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry enom calling end clients?

I got a call from a client who I have under my ETP account(I have about 30 left with enom). She said a person who identified themselves from enom advised the name was expired and needed to be renewed and said they can do this for them. My client declined(thinking it was a scam) and instead contacted me. I have a call into enom to get to the bottom of this. If they are directly contacting my clients I will be terminating what is left of my relationship with them. With the issues with popups on forwarding and other problems this will be the last straw for me.
    Domain Maven

I realy hope they did not do this , Please keep us updated
    Thanks
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

i would guess it to be a scam. Does the domain look good enough to have people trying to hijack it?
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

its not really enough if the email on whois was hijacked.

they can always resend the password from any registryrocket link to the admin/registrant email.

in the old days it was possible to put empty password field, not its not, kinda bad
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by kohashi
    i would guess it to be a scam. Does the domain look good enough to have people trying to hijack it?
    Actually it is a crappy name which raised my alarm even more.
    Domain Maven

well, wait to see what enom says. I think we are all listening.
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

UPDATE:

enom denied calling the client although my client said the person identified themselves as an employee of enom. I will watch it and if it happens again I am cutting my ties with enom.
    Domain Maven

How do you know enom was the source of it? Did they identify themselves with a name of an employee at enom at least?

How do you know enom was the source of it? Did they identify themselves with a name of an employee at enom at least?
    Based solely on what my client has told me. The client is a 60+ years old and is very honest so he would not lie or make up a story.
    Domain Maven

i didnt challenge the integrity of your client. But it could be a scam by someone unrelated to enom, i would leave that open as a possibility. Because in all liklihood, enom isn't calling people with 1 domain trying to get them to do something. (btw, what did they want?)

they would logically go after large buyers with a couple hundred domains at least. this all seems very strange to me.

i didnt challenge the integrity of your client. But it could be a scam by someone unrelated to enom, i would leave that open as a possibility. Because in all liklihood, enom isn't calling people with 1 domain trying to get them to do something. (btw, what did they want?)

they would logically go after large buyers with a couple hundred domains at least. this all seems very strange to me.
    I agree it is odd. I will keep an eye out and advise if it happens again and try to get more detail next time
    Domain Maven

why did the supposed enom rep call your customer?

To alert them the name was expired and needed to be renewed.
    Domain Maven

was the domain infact expired and needing renewal?

was the domain infact expired and needing renewal?
    Yes, they were going to renew it within the grace period
    Domain Maven

Very weird, just renew it and go on

This does not seem like Enom but you never know with the tricks they been pulling lately.

Originally posted by frattay22
    Very weird, just renew it and go on

This does not seem like Enom but you never know with the tricks they been pulling lately.
    Exactly, hence why I raised this issue.
    Domain Maven

Thumbs down Re: enom calling end clients?

Originally posted by dmaven
    ..... She said a person who identified themselves from enom advised ....... If they are directly contacting my clients.....
    This is a definite NO-NO for Resellers
    What is eNom trying to do??!!

I doubt they would be wasting their time for one domain. Probably DROA moving to a telemarketing scheme!

silhouette, he does not defently know if it is enom or not. Caller ID? Star 69? Oh well life does go on.

acts837 DROA get those daily gotta love em.

Originally posted by frattay22
    silhouette, he does not defently know if it is enom or not. Caller ID? Star 69? Oh well life does go on.
    i jumped into conclusion too early, my mistake!! :p

silhouette everyone makes them maybe Enom did this time?

It's very easy to confuse someone over the phone.

Example: May I speak to mr. or Mrs. Blah blah... Mr./Mrs. Blah I'm a customer service agent and while searching the whois records at eNom I noticed your domain thedomain.com has expired and wanted to make sure you were aware of this. If you would like we could renew the domain for you at your usual pricing or you might even qualify for lower pricing with additional years.

See how the way things are worded might make it seem like they were calling from eNom but what they're saying is they were searching the whios records. On another note I saw somewhere where DROA was telemarketing now.
    Last edited by WannaBaHost; 04-23-2004 at 03:48 PM.

On another note I saw somewhere where DROA was telemarketing now
    F*!^ Thats all we need
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast