Getting the Website File Name in URL

Hi, I'm programming a quick system for a friend (in PHP), and I'd just like to know if there's an easy way to do the following...

You're at the following URL:

When you visit the URL above, I'd like the script to fetch the file name "morestuff.php" from the URL dynamically in the script. Ie: There is no string inside the script that says $url = ""; - it needs to pull it directly from the address bar (to be blunt). It would make what I'm doing so much easier if there was a simple way to do this.

In case you're wondering why, I need a unique identifyer for each page since a code snip will be run globally on the entire site (hundreds of pages), it's kind of hard to explain, if you do understand, and have a more logical way to do that, please feel free to share it

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by pixd; 04-20-2004 at 07:56 PM.

Denver, CO USA
    This should work. It will echo the current page URL and any variables passed in it.

$URL = 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; 
    echo $URL;
    Last edited by mshowman; 04-20-2004 at 09:11 PM.

$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] <-- this always points to the currently running PHP file. It will include the path, so to just get the filename, run basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

Perfect. Thanks