Thread: Selling Domains

Selling Domains

how do you sell domains on your site? do you need a liscence or something? Do you get to chose your own rates? How do many different people sell domains? Is there a master database of registered domains?

Atlanta, Ga
    You need an infrastucture, or you will just be a reseller. There is little money in the biz, unless you can make a large capital infusion. The days of Network Solutions is dead, thank God. Jay Rome

but how do you do it?

You can get a reseller account from many people on these forums. People will give you an $8.95 reseller account for free, and you can sell domains at whatever price you like, but it will cost you $8.95 each domain.

You can also get $6.95 accounts, if you're prepared to pay about $300-500(give to take) for the account.

From memory I think sells them a bit cheaper, but finding an enom reseller account is usually your best bet.

I have Enom account with my reseller hosting package...but the domains are $15.00.

Is there any provider out ther that I can get, to bet the prices of GoDaddy?

The best price I have been able to get is $7.99, but that does not include URL forwarding, email forwarding...anything except the reg of the domain.

Chesapeake, VA
    Ultimately, ICANN is the domain registration "authority" that grants registration to allow domain registrars to directly sell domain names. There are certain financial and other requirements and I think there is still some license fee paid to NetSol but my info is a little dated on this.

Usually, it is more cost effective to just become a domain reseller unless you are wanting to focus on domains as your core business and grow it in a big way. - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at - we look forward to helping your business grow!