netrillium and/or surpasshosting

i have done a lot of research to find a web host that meets my needs. my biggest obstacle is trying to find a reliable web host that won't go down in a couple of months. i don't need much space or bandwith, because it is a personal site. these forums have been very helpful and i have pretty much narrowed it down, yet i still have my concerns...

netrillium.com
    so far only good reviews, yet very few reviews in general, so i am not sure. it seems to be a fairly new host. yesterday afternoon i sent them an email with a general question yet i have not received a reply yet..not so sure about that

surpasshosting.com
    amazing prices, which makes me wonder. they have mixed reviews, but mostly good ones. since their prices are so cheap, people have been wondering if they oversell.

any past experiences? please share

I believe Netrillium has been around for a while. If I'm not mistaken, they used to host websites primarily owned by teenagers. If the owner is still the same as she was when I saw Netrillium the first time, she is very nice. I'm not sure if they have been bought out or anything.

Hope this helps

yea i think it's still the same owner, Ermina. i have heard from the forums that she is very nice but i haven't heard from her yet =/ i used to use free web hosting from geocities but i am upset about the constant "exceeding allocated data transfer" and the fact that i cannot direct link my files in other websites, which is why i started browsing the forums.

When I had a little talk with them about spoofed email accounts sending virus from netrillium. Ermina was nice. She didn't really seem to care about it that much or at least didn't appear too, so I can't speak for their internal company policy.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I have no clue on either parts of those 2 companies but, from looking at the plans on their index it seems they are seriously overselling.

I want to push the issue to talk to them thoroughly and do much research as overselling in an uncontrolled environment leads to numerous problems that are not needed.

Good luck though and good day.

Here i go.. again (i just hate people complaining, that's why i write my personal experience)

Surpass has been quite good, they are helpful, they have a great community, when my site started to grow they moved my site to another server and the change was flawless, they have just doubled their space and transfer (imagine how many clients were happy with that.. me and a couple of friends included). When my friend has had problems with her board they fixed it soon (i help my friend with that site because any technical problem she freaks out), so far they have been the best shared hosting i've dealed with.

Also changed Fantastico for Scripta, which is basically the same but causes less trouble and have a few more extra scripts

Originally posted by mp3sattack
    (i just hate people complaining, that's why i write my personal experience)
    There are so many people that come to WHT in search for a host. And complaints are very well an integral part of a research. Truth, good or bad, is truth.

Anyhow, thanks for your experiences...
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Originally posted by domainwala
    There are so many people that come to WHT in search for a host. And complaints are very well an integral part of a research. Truth, good or bad, is truth.

Anyhow, thanks for your experiences...
    complaints are definitely welcome [as funny as that sounds] ! i'll take the good with the bad. all i need is feedback of some sort
    if i were to name the type of responses i wish to get in this forum, i would name it "real people, real experiences" hehe

Netrillium is still owned by me directly, although there are several staff members who take care of customers. So I may not deal with every issue that comes across.

KrisLee, I do not recall receiving an e-mail from you. Let me know where it was sent exactly.

mooserrr, we are well known in the teen community however in the two years of business we have expanded to business and organizational hosting services.
    Netrillium.com, Inc.
    http://www.netrillium.com
    Since 2002

its all right, i received an email thanx. my address is different from this username.