Money grabbing Pool.com

Why does pool.com still put the domains it catches for you through a auction even if there is know one else interested in the domain?
    Last edited by Postmaster; 04-20-2004 at 04:16 PM.

I just realised that pool.com is an ebay company...... Because every 5 minites an ebay window opens and also some design features on ebay are identical to pool.com......
    Last edited by Postmaster; 04-20-2004 at 04:33 PM.

Didn't know that.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

yeah check it out

http://pages.ebay.com/

http://www.pool.com/

check out the color of the menu box and style of ebay and then check the menu and color at the top of pool.com's site... Ebay also own paypal.com

I don't think so
    By searching whois
    eBay is located in USA
    Pool is located in Canada
    -----------------------
    eBay is powered by IBM , and maybe Pool too , this may you think they have same style
    -------------------------
    As for eBay being the owner of paypal that's true . and also it own half.com
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

Simple automated process is hard to alter. Don't expect any help from them. Go to a reliable source. Jay Rome

LOL!!!!!!!! postmaster, ebay does not own pool... you have some sort of spy/adware installed and secretly running on your computer and that is why an ebay pop up will come up whenever you visit the "pool auction" page....

No, from my experience with pool.com
    They doesn't put the domain in the auction if there's no one backorder it other than you.

BUT their domain lists are complied by domains which have been backordered by someone else earlier.
    They sent this list by email to their subscribers & on post their homepage.
    Their way of doing business sucks!

So most of the good names that you had backorder are most properly going to an auction if pool gets it.
    And Unless you have lots of money....
    I meant lots. You gets the domain you wanted.
    As UltSearch & BuyDomains are very active in the Pool's auction.
    $$$ & $$$$ means nothing to them.

I had personally faced them several times in an auction.
    Only to find out in the whois several days after the auction.
    You bet! They are the one.
    And I can tell you that they won't give up the domains they wanted. $ in auction means nothing to them.

/*One thing that I'm not very sure about... as there's no proof*/
    /*Pool.com maybe forwarding a list of domains they got to UltSearch & BuyDomains. As they were always there.. */
    /*Why? Because that's where the money are. They were the big players. */

Overall, pool to me sucks.

As for me I don't like any backorder service with an auction
    As for this
    They sent this list by email to their subscribers & on post their homepage.
    Their way of doing business sucks!
    They mentioned somwhere if the domain backordered 48 hours before the drop date then they will not send it to their subscribers ( what called tomorrow hot list )

Yes, maybe you're right.
    They won't send to the users, within 48 hours.

But they will post it on their website , "A Sample of Domains Deleting Today"

View Entire List
    http://www.pool.com/viewlist.aspx?ia=deleteddomainlist

Any way the should promote their products to get more and higher bids

and their latest change to the auction, as long there is people bidding the auction will never end till all stop and only one survive.

thats why i stopped using them, in the old days i won so many great names at the last second bidding which was 16:00:00GMT i had bids at 15:59:50s and sometimes 15:59:58!
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Yes, that's true... Bashar
    Me too, I stop using them too.

In fact, I had tried to outbid the opponent several times in the auction.
    Only to found out that they kept on coming back in the last minutes & extended & extended the auction.

eNom does the same in their auctions ( Club Drop ) , if the domain got a higher bid at the last 15 minutes they will extend the auction time

greedy people, trying to make as much money as possible before WLS comes alive
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

can't wait for WLS

Originally posted by Postmaster
    can't wait for WLS
    did you know that
    1- you can't deal with WLS directly
    2- eNom is accepting WLS orders nowadays ,( without submitting )
    3- eNom will submit these orders when WLS go live
    4- if two or more coustomers ordered the same domain they will send only the higher bidder so the more you bid the better your chance to be the second domain owner
    5- even if you become the 2nd owner and the name did not drop in one year period you will get nothing .
    6- you you see many of funy stories when this service goes life for example if you found the the domain xxx.com expired yesterday you will rush to WLS it before someone else does but if the owner added more years in the grace period , you will know that you have paid for the sake of VeriSign

So you still believe that WLS is better than the backorder service . at least at the BO you don't loose your money if they couldn't catch the domain

when wls starts you'll be using something like pool to even get a backorder on anything decent, just another layer and revenue source.

There will be no need for Pool or sanpnames , WLS is the registery itself for .com .net ( VeriSign.com ) , and the registry doesn't deal with public nor individual compnaies like ( pool , snapnames ) the registery ONLY deal with ICANN accredited registrars like eNom , directi Godaddy , NS ,.. etc
    So this service will be provided by some ICANN accredited registrars

sounds like crap now...... This might further more increase value of domains since it will be extra hard to get the ones you want.. I was hoping for a first come first serve basis.... Eveyone has gone greedy for money, now days.... They focus more on draining people of money rather then providing a decent honest service... B*STARDS... Baiscally Icann seen the sucess of companys like pool.com and decided they wanted a piece of the pie (actually all of it)... Pool.com is right in filing a law suit agaisn't them and I hope they win!
    Last edited by Postmaster; 04-21-2004 at 07:58 AM.

Actually The WLS is a first come first serve , But the problem is who will come first , means when WLS goes live all the registrars will submit their orders at the same time so it will be extreamly hard to know which will hit the registry first ,
    BTW NS offer WLS depending on first come first serve , but as I said when WLS goes live you not be able to know if they will hit the registry first or an other registrar

Originally posted by Postmaster
    sounds like crap now...... This might further more increase value of domains since it will be extra hard to get the ones you want.. I was hoping for a first come first serve basis.... Eveyone has gone greedy for money, now days.... They focus more on draining people of money rather then providing a decent honest service... B*STARDS... Baiscally Icann seen the sucess of companys like pool.com and decided they wanted a piece of the pie (actually all of it)... Pool.com is right in filing a law suit agaisn't them and I hope they win!
    how does icann benefit from wls?

Hard to follow your comments about pool, you say they are money draining bastards and you hope they successfully sue icann??

Baiscally Icann seen the sucess of companys like pool.com and decided they wanted a piece of the pie (actually all of it)... Pool.com is right in filing a law suit agaisn't them and I hope they win!
    To be accurate it's not ICANN , ICANN is non-profit Organisation , The greedy is VeriSign , Just as a proof for that VeriSign is the registry for .TV and they reserve some good names for themselves like news.tv , sports.tv ( they ask for 1000,000.00 ) Look at this http://www.tv

We stopped using pool because of their greed factor and the resulting sky high bids.

Pool has done a great job at increasing their revenue for shareholder at the users expense.

In addition to the extending the auctions so that they never end, Pool also drastically lowered the payout on their affiliate program.

Yes Pool is very greedy and no longer worth it.

However if I am "forced" to use them, I will no longer let my inventory of good domain names sit in their control panel.

My domain names only enter the control panel a day before the drop. But I have found better ways to get domain names without using pool.

They are killing you silently when they advertise your wanted domain names on their list of soon to drop domain names.

Dastards!

Originally posted by Bashar
    .......i won so many great names at the last second bidding which was 16:00:00GMT i had bids at 15:59:50s and sometimes 15:59:58!
    yeah!!
    in the last 10 min, some bugger pop up and push my domain up a few hundred bucks, I hv no choice but to chase it...end up paying much more than I anticipated

Sorry guys Im contradicting due to the posts..... There making me change my mind.

Originally posted by silhouette
    yeah!!
    in the last 10 min, some bugger pop up and push my domain up a few hundred bucks, I hv no choice but to chase it...end up paying much more than I anticipated
    what about if you can't chase?

what about if you can't chase?
    haha
    When I do snap on a name...this means I am very keen and determined in getting it. and I will make sure I get it .....within my budget!!
    off cos if there are "ambitious" ppl in the competition driving the price to some "ridiculous" mark, i tell myself: just let it go

Originally posted by shasta
    We stopped using pool because of their greed factor and the resulting sky high bids.

Pool has done a great job at increasing their revenue for shareholder at the users expense.

I don't think you can blame them for that, the names simply go for market value.

market value ?

i doubt it some domains are going really way out of market value

its juse some poeple want to own all domains just to show their power or something

money talks

...its juse some poeple want to own all domains just to show their power or something.....
    I just need 1!!! and i will be contented!!

a 2-letter.com

there is a list being listed an dnforum around 10 for $22,500 each

market value ?

i doubt it some domains are going really way out of market value

its juse some poeple want to own all domains just to show their power or something

money talks
    I think its only a few people in the more dollars than sense category. In the most cases the people with the most money, ie buydomains, name admin, ultsearch know better than most others the value of a domain and are in a position to make more than anyone else from any traffic.

yeah i've noticed that and new commers also coming like viper holding

there is a list being listed an dnforum around 10 for $22,500 each
    hi pal,
    thx for the info....
    i go take a look...though i got no that kind of $$$$

yeah i've noticed that and new commers also coming like viper holding
    he isn't new, he is one one the best and has been in domains for years

never saw him fight over domain at pool till 3 - 5 months back

Which company doesn't put your backordered domain through an auction?

godaddy.com snapnames.com