How to Create a Business Plan?

Does anyone know any good resources (books, websites) where I can find out information on developing a business plan for a web hosting company?

Is there any website where I can purchase one?

In a house
    Sure there is, and you've already found it WHT essentially covers almost every aspect of the web hosting industry that you could imagine. Your best bet, rather than buying a book / tutorial, especially with something as fast paced as hosting, just start using the search tool, read up on different aspects of the "biz" and formulate against that, preparing for all things that will arise, and plans in which to overcome those issues.

Please remember, each aspect of hosting differs greatly, so keep that in mind when formulating your ideas.

Good luck,

Re: How to Create a Business Plan?

Originally posted by johnnyb3
    Is there any website where I can purchase one?

You may not realise it now, but that's the wrong mindset to have when it comes to a business plan. Only you will know what is right for your business after you have done plenty of research and though things through. As for the business plan, check out
    for the basics of writing a business plan.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Spokane, WA
    Don't laugh but the Small Businesses for Dummies book has quite a bit of info in it. If you're at the point of "what goes into a business plan" and don't know where to start, I'd seriously say get this. It has a few samples and is enough to really get the ball rolling.

Chicago, IL
    Just find a basic business plan outline somewhere online and start writing...
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Colorado, USA
    The SBA really has good information. There are also software packages available that help you writing a business plan. You could check for it.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

Get some books on it

Most important is your content because your business plan might not be only for your reference. Some merchant accounts or related authorities might need a copy for some application.

I would say jot down the important things that you have to place in the plan and follow the format that can be found from alot of business start-up guidebooks from the book store.

Hope this little bit might help