Thread: Php + Ms Sql

Question Php + Ms Sql

Okay.

Im using Windows2k3 Web Edition for hosting IIS6.0
    Im using Windows2k3 Server for hosting a SQL2000 Database

Both work great except the fact that i can not get PHP to connect to the SQL Database.

I can get into the database using Access and a program called MSDE i think. It worked fine on the webserver.

PHP was working previously very well with SQL2000, but I restarted the servers, and it just stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have the dll's located properly, the extension is in the extensions directory. Im using SQL Authetication... Im really lost here..

Thanks!

Are you sure the dlls are loading properly? What error messages do you get?

Warning: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: 192.168.77.42 in E:\wwwroot\flmanage.com\db.php on line 5

Now i can confirm the username/password are correct, as is the IP. Ive also confirmed the database is using the default ports.

Side note: The IP is correct, its an internal ip yes, but we are behind a firewall, going from one pc to the next, both using the 192.168.77.* ip range.

And ive connected using 3rd party software using that ip also.
    Last edited by dbarney; 04-20-2004 at 01:54 PM.

Time to confuse things up a bit more....

Ok, to install MSSQL drivers for PHP you have to get the ntwdblib.dll from the PHP Install, and move it to the c:\windows\system32... Or atleast thats what i had read. I try that, and i get a cannot connect error. BUT if i use the ntwdblib.dll from the SQL install, i get:

Warning: mssql_connect(): message: Login failed for user 'su'. (severity 14) in E:\wwwroot\flmanage.com\db.php on line 5