Question Reinstalling Win2k woes

What is the ideal order to reinstall windows2k (non server environment).

I install in this order, but I'm now getting some odd errors.

Win2k Install
    SP3 installation
    Chipset drivers
    Ethernet drivers (2 of them)
    Video Driver
    Audio Drivers
    Other hardware such as modems, monitor, tablet, etc
    Software installation.

Is there a more ideal way of doing this? Switching to any *nix flavor is out of the question at this moment.

Thanks.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

What errors are you getting?
    H4Y Technologies LLC Check out our new website!
    "Smarter, Cheaper, Faster" - SMB, Reseller, VDS, Dedicated, Colo hosting done right.

ZERO PACKETLOSS, ZERO DOWNTIME Dedicated and Colo - USA: IA, CA, NC, OR, NV
    **http://h4y.us**
    Voice: (866)435-5642. *** Email: askus at host4yourself d0t com

Something along the lines of "Unable to load ClassActor" or something like that.

I got something like that when I was trying to install my chipset drivers... I'm presently reinstalling win2k a second time to see if it clears up...
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.

Are they the latest chipset drivers? I believe SP3 had some issues with some chipset drivers. You might want to download them from your mobo website.
    -- Matthew

I'm presenty using the most current drivers.

I've even tried the ones on my CD to no avail. Hopefully this reinstall will be more progressive... I'll install the drivers before installing sp3. I've never had problems with sp3 previously though.

Isnt Win2k on SP4 now? You could give SP4 a shot.

Maybe try installing everything with just SP2 on it right now and see if that works. You can then rule out SP3 as not the problem or maybe find it as the problem.
    -- Matthew

I think hes referring to the warning signs next to these devices in the device manager, although I could be mistaken.

Please let us know a bit more info

No. I wasnt referring to the warning signs in device manager. I was getting errors when running the setup.exe programs to install the drivers.

Anyways, I managed to get the computer running... For now at least.

Thanks for the help. If I get that error again, I'll get it in more detail.

I actually meant to post that as the first reply to your thread, but I fogot

oh well, we will try and help out next time