IIS Help Needed ASAP

Hello,

I have a bunch of websites running on my Windows Server 2003 server. Many of them ASP and as you know if one crashes or has bad codes it affects everyone on the server. I have read on other forums that I can put IIS to run Out-Of-Process or some sort of option I can put that will only crash the website that is corrupted.

Can anyone provide me with instructions on how to do this?

Thanks

Which process model is IIS configured to run as? IIS 5.0 Emulation mode or IIS 6 native mode? How you make the change will dependon that setting.

If you are running IIS 6 under IIS 5 Emulation mode, then you will want to open up the properties of each site and set the "Application Protection" drop down to "High" (on the "Home Directory" tab).

If you are running IIS 6 under native mode (highly recommended), simply create a new application pool for each site and assign each site to their own application pool on the properties dialog box. The drop down to select an application pool should be in the same place as the application protection drop down that I mentioned above.

I hope this helps.
    Chris Spangler
    [email protected]

Isn't there a way to apply them ALL AT ONCE for all websites. I don't want to go through 200 websites manually, please help?

Thanks

Dun think there is a way, maybe someone can write a script, but for 200 domains only u can setup individual pools for say batches of 50, thats much safer. Wouldnt take u much time really

Try to find the download for the IIS 6.0 Resource kit. There may be a script or program in there that will at least give you an example of how to automate the process. The othe thing that I would recommend is just doing the sites a few at a time over a couple of days. You should have a decent idea of which sites are the most important, biggest, or most likely to be causing the problem so start with them. Then once those sites are taken care of move on to the second or third tier of sites.
    Chris Spangler
    [email protected]

You can split them into multiple application pools so you can decrease the number of hanged web sites. If you find a automation script, you must back up metabase.xml file in which IIS stores all the configuration, before applying it.
    http://monware.com
    Windows Server and IIS Monitoring Tools