BAD Lunarpages HOSTING EXPERIENCE

I just had a bad hosting experience with Lunarpages (the site was not userfriendly, and tech support was not as promised).

I'm still in the market for a good web hosting service, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dreamhost was great for a time (then it seemed they couldn't keep up with their steadliy increasing customer base, and services really suffered).

If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Greetings,

As far as I know, Lunarpages.com is among the most reputable and trusted hosting providers. What was the exact issue you had with them?

They are using Cpanel as the control panel and as far as I'm concerned, this is the most userfriendly control panel.

However, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with them.

Good luck with finding your new hosting provider.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

Maybe it's time to consider a managed hosting service that will provide quality customer support to help you with your troubles. It might cost a little bit more, but for those not pleased with the do-most-of-it-yourself hosting services, it is pretty much your only choice.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

yeah

I know that LunarPages has a good reputation. However, they did not deliver on this occasion, and that's all I have to judge them by. On the whole, their services were vastly inferior to previous web hosting services I've been with.

That's the frustrating part. Dreamhost, the same type of do-it-yourself hosting service as LunarPages, offered everything I needed... until they simply became overwhelmed.

I don't need the most expensive hosting service on the market. Just something user-friendly and reliable. For the sites I host, even Geocities would be fine (if their servers weren't constantly slowing down).

The tutorials and help files at LunarPages were poorly written and confusing (they might be comfortable for a computer prorgrammer, but not for someone with primarily front-end web design expereince).

What I'm searching for is realistic, but I could use the names of some companies.

Re: yeah

Originally posted by reflexology4
    I know that LunarPages has a good reputation. However, they did not deliver on this occasion, and that's all I have to judge them by. On the whole, their services were vastly inferior to previous web hosting services I've been with.

That's the frustrating part. Dreamhost, the same type of do-it-yourself hosting service as LunarPages, offered everything I needed... until they simply became overwhelmed.

I don't need the most expensive hosting service on the market. Just something user-friendly and reliable. For the sites I host, even Geocities would be fine (if their servers weren't constantly slowing down).

The tutorials and help files at LunarPages were poorly written and confusing (they might be comfortable for a computer prorgrammer, but not for someone with primarily front-end web design expereince).

What I'm searching for is realistic, but I could use the names of some companies.
    The tutorials we have are made by DemoDemo, I guess they did not do a good enough job. Many hosting companies use them.

I am though however very interested what you found not to be user friendly. We use Cpanel, another commonly used control panel thats out there and used by most hosts.

It sounds to me though that you are looking for managed hosting, or a hosting company with an online web editor (we will release ours in June). I think you should try Yahoo! Web Hosting. They have a very simple user interface and a web editor that works for most people.

All I can say is that, we are sorry to loose you as a customer. And if you wish, you can contact me at [email protected] give me your ticket numbers and I will look into what went wrong.
    Last edited by Maximiliam; 04-19-2004 at 08:09 PM.
    I like to help

So wait, how was Lunarpages "inferior" to other hosts you've been with?

And could you please link us to those "superior" hosts, and then let us know why they were superior?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

As Amir said and you, reflexology4, acknowledged, Lunarpages has a very good reputation.

As Maximiliam said, they use more or less standard solutions which are well tested, solutions offered by many hosts. No one is perfect though. Care to explain what was that they did wrong exactly, what's the difference between Dreamhost (as it used to be for you) and Lunarpages now?

Describe your problem in detail and share with us your website that is hosted with them, so that we can assess the situation properly.

Lunarpages has every type of customer from the first time total newbie to experienced programmers.

We rarely have feedback that our services are not user friendly. We provide FAQ's, tutorials, a forum, chat and helpdesk to assist people. In an effort to make our services as user friendly as possible, I'd also love to hear from you regarding specifics.

You can email me at [email protected] or max at the email address he listed and we can look into it if improvements need to be made. We are always looking for ways to improve our services.

I still want to know how you guys are inferior, .
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

The original poster of this message is probably a competitor of Lunar Pages.

no

I am in no way affiliated with any other hosting company. I'm just a customer seeking a web host that will meet my needs.

I'll take the advice about Yahoo web hosting and see how that goes.

So wait, does this mean there was no actually real company you were with previously that made Lunarpages look "Inferior?" lol.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

I wouldn't go with Yahoo if I were you. They have a totally rotten reputation.

If the control panel is the issue, you can try looking for host with dead right simple to use control panels like Direct Admin.
    New site: www.talkutas.com

thanks

Thanks for the tip about Yahoo. I'll keep that in mind as I continue my search.

lunarpages is still around, I had an account with them several years ago.

Eh, yeah, nice observation
    I like to help

I too have had a not-so-pleasant experience with Lunarpages, although it wasn't entirely their fault. I was hacked through a single line php script that I had been using for years. Since I had used it for so long and never had any issues, I dismissed it and tried to find other ways a hacker could enter. Being only 14 and not exactly PHP literate, I couldn't see the faults in the script until the very end. The support told me three times to stop using PHP-Nuke and seemed to not understand that I have never used that application, nor had heard of it until they brought it up. Thanks to the hacker, just today (while re-doing my all my files to a safer script) got me officially suspended off my host. If there hadn't been a hacker, I think that I probably would have lasted there for years to come (heck, I even sent my friends there), so I guess Lunarpages isn't to blame for this whole situation. I just really wish the staff (seeing as the tech is very knowledgable in PHP, mostly) would have seen the problem before I was officially removed. One note I have to reflexology4, though. If Lunarpages was inferior to your previous hosts, may I ask why on earth you would leave your previous hosts? If nothing is wrong, then leave it be.

Triple Story Cardboard Box in the land down under
    I've got a couple of sites with LunarPages and tehy've been absolutely great. I have found their support is prompt and objective.
    Web Hosting Jury - over 4000 hosting USER reviews
    Love Your Host? Hate Your Host? - Submit a review