best bandwidth to the far east

who do you guys think has the best backbone bandwidth to thefar east?

I am only looking for backbone operators - not data centers - etc.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Flag Telecom carries more than 60% (or so they say... or was it even 80%) of IP transit in the Middle East. They also carry a lot of traffic to Korea specifically and other Asian countries, too.

Not sure what you mean by "Far East" though.

Reach carries traffic into Japan, Hong Kong, and China. Also, Global Crossing carrier them everywhere.

afair, flag does the transport. reach, verio and gc should be strong.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

I would say Reach / sprintlink / MCI / GBLX.

Most of the Asia countries have them.

That may be so; however, ppcwbtn.net and reach.com are two separate networks in no way related (separate AS'es et al). Just because ownership overlaps (so happens often, e.g. AT&T & BT had concert.net which was a fully separate network from the two owners), doesn't mean the network is related to that of the owner.

REACH has somewhat better Asia network compared to BtN, Telstra @ AU is heavily investing in REACH and thus most of their traffic go through REACH.

I second your opinion, I will go for REACH anytime, superb performance!

reach

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    REACH has somewhat better Asia network compared to BtN, Telstra @ AU is heavily investing in REACH and thus most of their traffic go through REACH.
    I can not get on reach directly from here. who uses them?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

every bigger ISP should be peering with them at the west coast imho.
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Actually Reach has very poor peering, as it does not peer with any big ISPs, only with international (3 or more continent) backbones. So, unless going to a direct Reach customer (i.e. the destination ISP is a Reach customer), the performance will be rather poor.

Then MCI / Sprintlink would be your best bet Or actually HE could be good.

For connectivity to Reach, any large network is good... such as Cogent, for example (great connectivity to Reach).

For Asia, GlobalCrossing, Level 3 and UUNet are all fairly good (but generally only to their customers). PCCWBtN is quite decent, too. France Telecom (OpenTransit) is another good option with a far-reaching network in Asia (and the whole world, in fact).

Sprint is rather poor to that area (other than some major Chinese networks being their customer and often the only way to reach them being via Sprint).

Personally, I'd pick GlobalCrossing as the overall best value and best QoS.

Cable & Wireless is only a European network now (one of the largest in Europe, though). It's North American assets were sold off to Savvis and are now Savvis.net.

In Asia, it is only in Tokyo and Sydney, that's it (presuming that that portion was not sold off to Savvis too, I am not sure of that - is it now still cw.net or savvis.net).

Well, after REACH, I believe GBLX is the best option or UUNET.

Go Reach Sailor
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

"far east" is too vague to make a good choice imo. each country in that region has its own networks. are there any specific countries you are targeting on?

reach and glbx both have pretty diverse physical networks in that region. personally i prefer glbx as i see some latency and packetloss problems occasionally on certain reach routes from my own experience.

uunet is pretty strong everywhere. level3 does not have physical networks in asia however it does use a lot of preimum peers or transits to get to that area including uu.net. these two are almost always welcome to be added to any mix.

sprint is probably the only choice if you want good connectivity to china. just like hjass pointed out its used by major chinese mono-type telecos including china netcom. cw.net and att are also used to get to china but from my own experience the performance is very poor. (heavy packetlosses)

The performance is poor because they are 'overselling'