Post famous people domains???

Hey guys I just registered Alpacino.biz I couldn't beleve that I seen it laying there for anyone to take.... I'm just slightly worried that theres a possibility that it can be taken off me?? Also of what percentage of a .com is a .biz worth? 5/10/20 percent?

I think you don't need to worry if your domain is not a trademark
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

right...

however i still prefer <famous-people-name>.ORG

Usually when a domain is available, its available for a reason. Even more so when its a .biz. Alpacino.biz isn't worth anything.

RMF

Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't really see alot of value in that domain. Hopefully for you I'm wrong though!

Don't waste your money.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

There's no real value in most .biz domains. It's best to stick to the standard .com, .net and .org TLDs.

.biz value is increasing by time.

there is so many running websites runs out of .biz, and its restricted to businesses not like .com open to everyone

but who really cares?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I prefer a .COM. I dont waste money and time on other TLDs
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

Hey hey hey it cost me $5!!!! In a year the value of .biz is sure to go up... Think about the amazing rate the interent is growing at and then think about all them people looking for domain which are taken...... They are all slowly driffting to other extensions pushing the value of these up!! Alpacino is one of the greatest actors on this earth all the other extensions on his name are taken.... I surly am confident that its worth more then the $5 I spent to register it.... Think of what an exelent fan club site a domain like this can make and also think about his role in the mafia and how that relates to .bizness..... I think people are suffering from "other extension phobia" due to all the money they invested in .com's and trust me its a mutil million dollar market but its down fall is inevitable but I still beleve it will be the most popular forever....
    Last edited by Postmaster; 04-20-2004 at 08:06 AM.

Re: famous people domains???

Originally posted by Postmaster
    ... I'm just slightly worried that theres a possibility that it can be taken off me??
    You don't need to worry actually, 'cause if Al Pacino or his manager/attorney will sooner or later find out about this and take it off you. Although there are some cases that celebrities are not able to claim ownership of even their-name.com, registrants lose most of the time. And the point is: you are NOT going to make any significant money out of registering a celebrity name (either by pay-per-click or resale); but when they come after you, you lose no matter what, unless of course you too have a TEAM of lawyers. Been there, done that.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Beware!

Hi this is al pacino posting and I want my domain name!

Well it's just a joke, but it could happen and unless you have the same name (or even alpa cino!) you are a likely looser.
    Try and make the most of it 'til then, it shouldn't be a problem going in the black if you just paid $5!
    Good luck!

PS: biz domains should go up in price as more and more get registered, unfortunately a lot of .com and .net etc names keep coming back on the market as a result of people steaming right into the domain wagon with no great result.
    As a further point in the near future new extensions are going to come in and that's going to dilute prices again.
    Nevertheless at present the only way is up!

PS2: I prefer Jude Law...

LOL How about if I was going to be sued I'll go change my name to win the case....

Yep I agree .biz and .info are increasing in value... but these backorder services are making a killing and slowing down the growth of these other domains.... But still in due time people are snapping them up so they are becoming more valuble... The domains to look out for are the ones like .co.uk/.us/.eu I think these are second level? Pool.com caught Artdealer.com for a mere $5 Icann registration fee and sold it off for over $5000 in an auction and that was just one auction in one day I entered... Just emagine how much money that site is generating.....
    Last edited by Postmaster; 04-20-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Originally posted by Postmaster
    Pool.com caught Artdealer.com for a mere $5 Icann registration fee and sold it off for over $5000 in an auction and that was just one auction in one day I entered... Just emagine how much money that site is generating.....
    Well ... to be fair, that Pool.com caught ArtDealer.com itself cost way much more than $5 on them.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.