Bandwidth Reports for named based hosting...

Hello all...

I am looking for a software that would track the traffic of my named based hosting clients. I have a custom script that read the logs, however I know this script is not working right and the programmer who wrote it doesn't want to support it anymore.

I need to be able to measure:

web+ftp+email traffic.

web+ftp traffic.

web+email traffic.

web traffic.

Any of the above options will do it...

Does anybody know of a software that does this type of calculations?

Also, it must run on linux+freebsd... and it should be able to read logs from multiple servers.

Thank you!

Well, I know it's possible to get MRTG to do these sorts of things. I've only ever used MRTG to monitor router traffic. I know, however, it's adaptable and very versatile.

All MRTG does is graph things (usually traffic) given a specific interface. The most common interface is a router. However, I've seen it used for all kinds of applications.

Search around or post on the e-mail list they have -- you're bound to find something.

Seattle, WA
    It'd probably be difficult to get MRTG to do it, it's mostly meant for monitoring traffic at NIC level.
    Jim Reardon - jim/

I use MRTG to monitor the traffic of my colocation servers succesfully...

I while back I installed MRTG to tried to make it work with named based clients... This was a few years ago... and never got it working correctly.

I will post to their list... but I was hoping that someone else knew of another program in here... So many hosting companies... someone has to know something.

Originally posted by
    It'd probably be difficult to get MRTG to do it, it's mostly meant for monitoring traffic at NIC level.
    That's a good point. But I still think MRTG is essential, to get a live, overall view of the happenings of your server -- especially if you're hosting lots of domains.

If something is going askew, you want to know about it every five minutes...LOL.

No one knows of a software to measure bandwidth on the SERVER for each domain name? Named based or IP based?

How do you guys bill your clients then?

Please help..

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Use control panel that monitors it.

Direct Admin is the cheapest solution for now, I think Plesk offer free for 1 domain license. Check them out.

I use Plesk 7 only on one of my servers. I believe they have problem measuring web+ftp+email traffic. But for now thats what I am using for clients on that server.

I have many other clients, which could care less of control panel... and I do not want to move 500+ customers over to the plesk machine.

I need something to measure their bandwidth bill...

anybody else... ?

ipfm doesnt give live statisitics but does count up traffic used per ip address, combined with scr-ipfm it will output to a html page for you.

Great!!! I will def test this two programs out.
    Thanx Chrysalis!

Anybody else knows of some other paid software? of open source scripts?

Thank you!