Question Do you accept customers with military APO addresses, or addresses in Germany?

Are there any hosts that will accept customers with military APO addresses, or addresses in Germany?

We've never received customers with such addresses, but I don't see any reason why we wouldn't host them
    Solid-Hosting.net - affordable multiple domain hosting solutions
    Reliability and Customer Service are our focus!

I see no reason why you wouldnt accept them!!

Dont you accept hosting orders from other countries outside your own?

I was denied hosting by a very popular host, no negative comments about them on WHT.

I was going to dime them out here, but I wrote them to see why they wouldn't accept my APO address, and why they wouldn't accept my address in Germany because their sign-up shows that they do accept addresses from Germany, accept mines.

nickn, Synwave, can't you both read?

Where did I say that I don't accept customers with those addresses? I'm not a host!

How old are you two?

Ah I see......Did you pay by Credit Card? Maybe they were being cautious because your credit card was from the USA but your IP address was in Germany.

EDIT: Yes I can read fine - I just assumed you were a host - my bad!

Chill out mate - We're only trying to help!

I would presume that if you are using an US credit card and live in germany that would bring up some problems with credit card processors.

I had a customer from Frankfurt signing up with an US card, he had to call the credit card processor to make sure it was no fraudulent order. This solved it.
    PierreB - Montreal

A decent review process should verify what is what when an order like that comes through. Third party credit card processors would most likely flag those orders as fraud. If the Host had their own Merchant Account they would be able to set rules that allow APO addresses, or at the mnimum allow further manual review so the order could be approved.. The Host's review system may not have been able to determine exactly what an APO address is.

Requests for hosting for Military Personnel have increased dramatically over the past year. You would be amazed at how many families are able to use email (and forums) to keep in touch with their friends and loved ones in Service overseas.
    Last edited by Mark_TVI; 04-19-2004 at 10:05 AM.

nickn, Synwave, can't you both read?
    DomainFinder, I see no reason to be so hard on them. They just missunderstood your question.

Sorry, should've stated I was looking for hosting in my first post.

I signed up with my Credit Card using my APO address, but I guess the host just doesn't accept APO addresses. Their automated system accused me of fraud four times in a row, which almost made me post a bad review about them here, but I decided to drop them a line in hope they can explain what the problem is.

If the billing address for your CC is different from your APO address, then most payment processros are going to deny your payment.
    Solid-Hosting.net - affordable multiple domain hosting solutions
    Reliability and Customer Service are our focus!

I personally would let APO addresses signup for hosting but I can see why automatic credit card proccesses will reject

Originally posted by DomainFinder
    Sorry, should've stated I was looking for hosting in my first post.

I signed up with my Credit Card using my APO address, but I guess the host just doesn't accept APO addresses. Their automated system accused me of fraud four times in a row, which almost made me post a bad review about them here, but I decided to drop them a line in hope they can explain what the problem is.
    This usually isnt the host's fault, it is the credit card processor's fault if you would say its a fault, they do it to help reduce fraud. If you e-mail the host/the credit card processor im sure they get get an exemption in the system to allow you to sign up.
    Bad reviewing the host because they credit card processor wouldnt let you through isnt really the best move, you should try solving your problems with the host not on WHT because their credit card processor thinks your address is bad.

When it comes to credit card payment authorization, sometimes the host is at the mercy of their credit card processor just as much as you are. The host wants your business, but they also have to protect themselves.
    Take care,
    Brad Birmingham
    http://www.bluevirtual.com

Automated fraud detection would probably flag this sort of order, I've had more than a few of these types of orders in my experience, fraudulent order-makers pretty much NEVER reply to emails asking for clarification of why IP doesn't match billing, and people who aren't trying to commit fraud will, gladly, explain what's going on. So "if all else fails, just ask".

My motto is "do whatever it takes to earn the business"
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by propcgamer
    Bad reviewing the host because they credit card processor wouldnt let you through isnt really the best move, you should try solving your problems with the host not on WHT because their credit card processor thinks your address is bad.
    I finally got intouch with someone from the company, so I'm going to see what happens. Whatever the outcome is, I wont post a bad review about them here.

It was more than just a sign-up problem, but I'm not going to go there because it probably happened due to the changes there site went through over the weekend.

this is why we use paypal
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!