Major Computer Help

I thought I was installing Windows XP on my pc, but it ended up being Windows NT, but I already had that. So now I have two windows NT and one ME. Problem is that now my internet runs real slow and it acts like it's detecting proxy settings even though I turned the option off. Also whenever I tried to defrag my pc I get load of errors. Sometimes it says it's out of memory, but its not. So whats the problem?

Install XP like you intended to.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Wipe the offending PC and start again. I am guessing if it's a new install then you probably dont have too much reinstalled.
    -- Matthew

Um what do you mean wipe the offending pc. If you mean to completely clean my pc I really can't cause I have over 12 gigs of stuff on my computer...I just want to know if there is a way to fix this without wiping my computer.

The is quite likely a fix for this, but it will be a long and very drawn out process for someone like yourself (no offense). I'd suggest running a few virus scans, and check for offending spyware that could be messing with your internet settings. A fresh start would cetainly see the end of your problems, but this is generally seen only as a last resort.

My advice would be google around for some anti-virus and anti-spyware tools, and then have someone check your internet and/or modem/router settings for you.

Please delete this. Wrong topic.

Originally posted by Heymish
    The is quite likely a fix for this, but it will be a long and very drawn out process for someone like yourself (no offense). I'd suggest running a few virus scans, and check for offending spyware that could be messing with your internet settings. A fresh start would cetainly see the end of your problems, but this is generally seen only as a last resort.

My advice would be google around for some anti-virus and anti-spyware tools, and then have someone check your internet and/or modem/router settings for you.
    I did that so many times already. No viruses or anything. Had someone to check my net. Nothing wrong.