I caught a domain and need a question answering..

Hey I was looking through pool.coms hotlists and noticed a domain which I remembered visiting afew years ago.... I remember it was popular but how popular is anyones guess..... Anyway If you search for it in Alexa.com it says that over 160 sites link to it..... Is this good? And with so many links to it does it make it worth anything? Its a dating related domain and used to be a crappy home made cgi dating site... and a portal but still popular... But I would rather keep the domain name to myself at this stage....

Moved To Domain Name Appraisals
    Last edited by Bashar; 06-09-2004 at 02:34 PM.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

it would worth something for the links and the traffic it gets
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Really.... Its not a bad domain either... So if it has about 150 links does that mean it gets abit of traffic? and if you know, how much would you say if you had to give a sensible estimate guess..

150 incoming links is quite a commodity. I'd say - go for it, but check out what kind of sites are linking in.

All the sites linking it are related to the site in one way or an other.... This site used to be really big, its been down for about a year due to retirment of the management it was probabaly ran by a poor student. Do you think it would dramtically effect the traffic since its been down for a year? I know it was backordered at snapnames but pool.com caught for me... hahaha

It's a toss up. 150 links can be great if they are from quality websites. Sadly, 150 links to small, unpopular site aren't much to boast about. So without more stats, I don't think anyone could give you a non-biased answer.

I see... well, one of the links is from bbc.com the massive british television channle..... Also 150 links will give a big boost for search engine optimazation as googlebot judges the rank of page with also how many sites link to it...... Also there is an other extension with the same name and that too is a dating site the only thing is I have the .com... So I suppose the traffic will be coming from there too...
    Last edited by Postmaster; 04-19-2004 at 01:54 PM.